Can't subscribe to one IMAP inbox using 2 IMAP clients at the same time

Discussion regarding the Standard version.
domml

Can't subscribe to one IMAP inbox using 2 IMAP clients at the same time

Post by domml »

Dear mailenable users,

I have been trying to get my IMAP inbox working for a couple of days and am posting in this forum out of a bit of frustration now. I hope you can help me.

I am running Plesk Obsidian 18.0.42 on my Windows Server 2019 1809 along with MailEnable Standard 10.43.
I have set up a mail address which works perfectly fine via IMAP with auto discovery and all. As long as only one client is connected to it..

Here's my situation:

I enter my credentials in Thunderbird on a Windows PC and connect via IMAP - no issues whatsoever, I can send and receive mails just fine.
I enter my credentials in Google Mail on an Android Smartphone and connect via IMAP - it says my username or password are wrong. Hugh? I used the exact same ones as I did in Thunderbird.
However, if I remove the account from Thunderbird and retry logging into it in Google Mail on my phone, it works! If I then try to log in using Thunderbird again while still logged into Google Mail, it tells me the exact same thing - username or password incorrect.

I have tried logging in via mobile data so the IPs of the two devices are different - same outcome.

Is there some setting I need to apply in mailenable? Client connections in IMAP properties are set to unlimited.

Thank you so much for helping me!

Greetings,
Domml

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Can't subscribe to one IMAP inbox using 2 IMAP clients at the same time

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

HI,

Firstly ensure you running the latest version of MailEnable 10.38. Once upgraded enable IMAP debug logging under the IMAP properties "Logging" tab and restart IMAP. Emulate the behavior and then inspect the IMAP activity and debug logs for more clues if this still occurs in 10.38.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

domml

Re: Can't subscribe to one IMAP inbox using 2 IMAP clients at the same time

Post by domml »

MailEnable-Ian wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:11 am
[...] inspect the IMAP activity and debug logs for more clues if this still occurs in 10.38.
Hi and thank you very much for your answer! This indeed does not occur in 10.39 (that was what the download page gave me). The version I used before was 10.43 however - is 10.39 newer than 10.43? If so, the concept behind versioning ME is really confusing :D

I wish you a wonderful day and best regards
Domml