Catchall not working

Discussion regarding the Standard version.
danny

Catchall not working

Post by danny »

I have a new installation of ME and have created a few mailboxes. However, all messages are delivered to the catchall account.

We typically install the standard version then suggest an upgrade to pro for extra features....but if we cant get this to work, we will have to go in another direction.

02/08/05 09:43:44 ME-I0102: Address ([SMTP: danny@domain.com]) is to be delivered to Catch-All address.
02/08/05 09:43:52 ME-I0132: Catch-All Message rendered for 88421FD13E044314B0D47FDEFDDA73.MAI

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Ensure you havent configured that mailbox(danny@domain.com) to be a catch-all. To do this right click on the domain and open its properties window, in the properties window you can specify catch-alls.

regards,

danny

Post by danny »

Here is my AddressMap.TAB

[SMTP:Postmaster@domain.com] [SF:domain.Com/POSTMASTER] domain.Com
[SMTP:*] 0 System
0 System
[SMTP:spearboard@domain.com] [SF:domain.com/spearboard] domain.com
[SMTP:danny@domain.com] [SF:domain.com/danny] domain.com
[SMTP:*@domain.com] [SF:domain.com/spearboard] domain.com
[SMTP:bob@domain.com] [SF:domain.com/danny] domain.com
[SMTP:sally@domain.com] [SF:domain.com/sally] domain.com
[SMTP:abuse@domain.com] [SF:domain.com/spearboard] domain.com
[SMTP:postmaster@domain.com] [SF:domain.com/spearboard] domain.com

danny

Post by danny »

One other note, if I remove the catchall account from spearboard, no messages are delivered to danny.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Does the mailbox danny exist? Can you see the mailbox Danny in the mailbox list in the Mailenable Administration Mailbox list?

regards,

Post by Guest »

Yes, and if i right click and send a message, it works fine. But i can't deliver a message otherwise.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Can you setup a new postoffice with the same scenario and see if you can get the same results. Looking at your address_map it seems that it is formatted incorrectly. By creating a new postoffice and a couple of mailboxes, their email addresses will get added to the address map file. So if the same thing happens then it most likely will be the address_map file.

regards,

danny

Post by danny »

It works in exactly the same manner. The only way messages are delivered is to the catchall account. If we presume it is the addressmap file that is corrupted, how did that happen on a new install and how is it corrected?

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi Danny,

Regarding the address map corruption can you please upgrade to the latest version of standard from this link:
http://www.mailenable.com/beta/standard19b3.exe

Also you will need to ensure that the ADDRESS-MAP.TAB file has a special entry in the file required to route non-local SMTP messages and should appear in the file as follows:

[SMTP:*]{TAB}{TAB}0{TAB}System

The extra "0 system" you have under this will need to be removed. More information regarding the address map special entry can be found in this KB: http://www.mailenable.com/kb/Content/Ar ... D=me020215

regards,

danny

Post by danny »

After intalling the patch and restarting the mail server, I still see the same issue.