Problem with postoffices

Discussion regarding the Standard version.
mohakevin

Problem with postoffices

Post by mohakevin »

The service POP3 doesn´t work, in the hard disk the files are ok but in MMC console don´t appear the mailboxes.
If i do a diagnose the result is:

Directory Check | Postoffices Configuration Directory | Could not access directory | Fail

Somebody can help me ?

Thanks in advance.

rchinasky

Post by rchinasky »

It happens the same to me. Upgradin to the las mailenable free version resolved the problem appearing when using diagnostic reports, but still I cannot see any mailbox. PLease, I need help!

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Try running the MEinstaller.exe utility and run the option "File permissions" and to re-register the MMC components. You can find the meinstaller utility in the mailenable BIN directory.

regards,

rchinasky

Post by rchinasky »

Thanks for your reply.

I already use meinstaller and merecover. I create a new postoffice and then I could see all new mailboxes I created on it but I still cannot see the mailboxes in the other postoffices.

I open all TAB files to check deferences between the lines regarding the postoffice that I just had created and the rest that I could not find any configuration diferences.

I do not know what more to do.

rchinasky

Post by rchinasky »

I found the solution:

In the CONFIG directory there is another directory called POSTOFFICES. I do not know how but all contents on it had been dessapeared. I used the util MERECOVER but it did not recreate this directory so I had to do a script to do it.

Also another important point is that the util MEBACKUP does NOT make backup of this directory. :(

I think this is the worst thing of mailenable: TO WORK WITH CONFIGURATION IN TAB FILES.

I recommend you to do your own backup of all CONFIG directory on a daily basis.

Regards.