Moderated list doesn't forward emails 2 moderator 4 approval

Discussion regarding the Standard version.
greindr

Moderated list doesn't forward emails 2 moderator 4 approval

Post by greindr »

I set up a list to test this feature to see if it would be something i would want to use on my sitem and it appears to be just that. When i set up the list as unmoderated, mail would go to all accounts in the list when sent from an account in the list. Once i set the list to moderated, only the moderator could send mail to the list. This is the part that is working properly. I have tried this with the moderator e-mail both subscribed and unsubscribed to the list. In both cases i can send email to the list and have it reach the designated recipients. When i send from either a subscribed or unsubscribed account, the mail does not seem to go anywhere. None of the members get the mail (that's good they're not supposed to), neither does the moderator. I have tried several e-mails on various different ISP's including the mail server i set up for my own domain as moderator of the list. None of them recieve the posts from non moderator members/non-members. The message just disapears and no one ever sees it. So far this is the only problem i have had. I am getting to like the product. Keep up the good work.

greindr

More...

Post by greindr »

The test mails i sent did finally go through, after at least a few hours, is there anything i can do to speed this up?

nard

Post by nard »

I have just the same prolem, Just letting you know your not on your own.
nard

None

Delay in Posting emails to Moderated Lists

Post by None »

I noticed no one from MailEnable has replied to this post. Is there a particular reason why a moderated causes a delay int he posting?

Kiliman

Post by Kiliman »

Hmm.. I'm not currently using the moderated list server, so I can't comment specifically on your problem.

However, I understand that they have made some major changes to the List Server component recently.

They posted a pre-beta version on their site. You can find out about it in this topic: http://forum.mailenable.com/viewtopic.php?t=1243

Perhaps this version will resolve the issue you're having.

One of things I noticed in their SMTP services is that retries are measured in HOURS instead of MINUTES. So perhaps somewhere in the process the mail is being queued up to resend to individuals but is set to go at the next retry interval.

Sorry I can't be more specific. If I have some time, I might try to repro it on my server.

Good luck!

Kiliman

vnvjeep

Taking forever!

Post by vnvjeep »

Hey guys...

I'm having the same problem... Running a moderated list, sent about 5 emails through, but they're all stuck in the LS queue... Weird???

The other weird thing I noticed is with the MAI "header" file... Look at the Server= line... it's blank! Supposed to be like that?

Recipients=[SMTP:<my list email address>]
Server=
Sender=[SMTP:<my test sender email address>]
TimeAcquired=1049945403
Status=Unsent

I'm just testing the list to see how it all works... sofar, nada!

Anybody know what all the commands are that you can send through the subject line? I sent myself a 'help' command in the subject line, but I'm guessing it'll be a couple of hours before I see that...

Thanks!
Mike

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable »

Mike, which version are you running? As kiliman says, the list server was totally overhauled in 1.7 Std and 1.1 Pro.

Could you please mail one of the MAI files to support@mailenable.com and we can check it out. The blank server=Line is fine.

The purpose of this entry is for clustering. Each clustered node places its name in the file, so if the list service crashes mid-send, it can be reset by the list server when it is restarted. Hence, if the status is unsent, Server should be blank.

Much Appreciated,
Regards, Andrew

vnvjeep

ME version 1.7

Post by vnvjeep »

For the benefit of others, I'm running the latest & greatest v1.7... and v1.1 of Pro. I sent the files over, and the recommended settings in the registry were present:

Key Name: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mail Enable\Mail Enable\Connectors\LS
Value Name: Poll Interval
Value Type: DWORD
Default Value: 10 (decimal)

ie: the queue is checked every 10 seconds.

Mine was already at this setting... Support is still checking into it...

L8r
Mike

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable »

We are currently testing a fix to this issue.

Please see: http://www.mailenable.com/kb/viewarticle.asp?aid=93
Regards, Andrew