I need a DNS MX record example for mailenable/windows2003

Discussion regarding the Standard version.
cszeto

Post by cszeto »

Mike,

The logs are indicating that there is a DNS lookup issue from your MailEnable server, so it has nothing to do with any DNS entries pertaining to your server. It's your MailEnable server not talking to DNS correctly. It could most likely be one of two possibilities:

1. Your DNS server(s) are not set up correctly.
2. Your server is pointing to DNS server(s) which are not set up correctly.

At this point, if the logs along with Roy and my comments do not connect for you, then you should consider the fact that this is way beyond your capabilities. You may just want to have someone else set up email for you or find an email service provider.

Another possible option to consider is buying the full blown supported Professional packages where their value added support may include soup-to-nuts setup assistance. If you want to do it on the cheap, you need to know how to do it first...
Microsoft MVP (2004 through 2008)

solucionmike

thanks for advise (again)

Post by solucionmike »

I was always intending to buy the professional version - but once I got this one working (just to see that it does what's advertized etc.)

I will check the Mailenable website to see what extra services they offer with the purchsed packages.

Thanks

Mike
Mike May

cszeto

Post by cszeto »

Probably a good idea...
Microsoft MVP (2004 through 2008)

solucionmike

All working now..

Post by solucionmike »

Hi,

Just a note of thanks - and finally got SMTP sending - I am not sure what the real problem was but this worked....

1) Set up my default post office (local host -> properties) as my FQDN (hostname.domainname)

2) SMTP -> properties Local Domain Name as my FQDN, and DNS address as my ISPs DNS server - not my DNS server (as it was).

3) Also got them to a reverse lookup for my FQDN.

All seems OK now, thanks

Mike
Mike May