dnsreports connection timeout

Discussion regarding the Standard version.
OnSite

dnsreports connection timeout

Post by OnSite »

ME 1.9.1

After running a dnsreport I find that the connection times out if I have so much as one entry in the DNSBL. If I disable the DNSBL I no longer receive time outs.

OnSite

Post by OnSite »

OnSite, Try changing the SMTP DNS servers.

OnSite
Last edited by OnSite on Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OnSite

Post by OnSite »

Hey thanks OnSite. Problem was slow DNS servers. Allowing incoming mail to time out.

If it wasn't for you I would have never got this problem resolved.

What a resource this forum is. I have to answer my own questions. Do any mailenable engineers even monitor this forum????????????

OnSite

rpsmith

Post by rpsmith »

Tip: The more time one spends researching, documenting and explaining the problem the more help one is likely to receive.
Roy...

OnSite

Post by OnSite »

Tip: The more one actually helps others to resolve their problems on a "support forum" the more one will assist that forum in achieving its purpose.

rpsmith

Post by rpsmith »

OnSite wrote:Tip: The more one actually helps others to resolve their problems on a "support forum" the more one will assist that forum in achieving its purpose.
Sounds like good advice especially coming from someone with only 4 posts under his belt.
Roy...

OnSite

Post by OnSite »

That's because I don't usually require help in resolving my problems. I most often resolve them myself through research and logic. I just thought someone else might have seen this problem before.

Next time someone has this particular problem, you can now appear to be the omnipitant guru and give them the fix. Just don't take a week to do it.

rpsmith

Post by rpsmith »

OnSite wrote:That's because I don't usually require help in resolving my problems. I most often resolve them myself ...
That being the case, how about sharing some of your knowledge here on the forum with other folks who are not able to fix most of their problems themselves. Also, if you find a fix for your own problem, come back and share it with everyone with a more positive attitude.
Roy...

OnSite

Post by OnSite »

The only reason I posted the answer to my own question was to help anyone out that might have the same problem in the future.

Don't take it so personal because I think a support forum should answer posts in a timely fashion and say so.

WAIT A MINUTE

This just in> I went back and read the intended use of this forum. I was mistaken, I was under the impression that it was monitored and run by Mailenable support engineers. It appears it is a user forum. My apologies. It is not my intent to rag on other users, I just expect a quicker response to questions asked of company support engineers.

rpsmith

Post by rpsmith »

The ME Support folks are great and help out whenever they can but the only sure way to get a response from them is to open a support ticket.

Merry Christmas!
Roy...