problem width php?

Discussion regarding the Standard version.
girar

problem width php?

Post by girar »

First of all thanks for this great product!. My problem is that i have installed Php-Nuke and this portal sends e-mails to the people who wants to register but it only work with local addresses, not with others. I read somewhere that Mailenable doesn't work with PHP but i don't understand why works with only local users and not with all the users. If is a problem with configuration please help me to solve it, if not, I will wait until this works because i don't want to change my server, I'm very happy with mailenable. THX.
(sorry for my terrible english i writed best i can) 8)

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

When people refer to MailEnable not being compatible with PHP, they are referring to the webmail feature of Professional requiring IIS (i.e. not written in PHP). Some customers don't use IIS, which means that they cannot run webmail.

What is probably happening is that you have your relay options set to avoid having your server open (as it should be). When PHP-Nuke tries to email, it is not authenticated to send email out via your server. To fix, you probably need to allow 127.0.0.1 to relay email. To do this:

1. Open the MailEnable Administration program
2. Expand the Servers->Localhost->Connectors branch
3. Right click on SMTP, select Properties from pop-up menu, then click the Relay tab in the window that appears
4. Enable Allow relay for privileged IP ranges
5. Click Privileged IPs
6. Make sure Denied relay rights is enabled
7. Add 127.0.0.1 as an IP address
8. Click Close, then OK to save your settings