Setting up with ASPEmail

Discussion regarding the Standard version.
rjay

Setting up with ASPEmail

Post by rjay » Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:56 pm

I am running Standard 1.9 integrated with Plesk and ASPEmail 5.0.0.4

I have set Relay in MailEnable to 'Allow relay for authenticated servers' and have checked 'Mailenable/Integrated authentication'. Then in my ASPEmail script I have used the Mail.Username = "xx" & mail.PassWord = "xx" commands to pass a username & password combo that is a valid mailbox in MailEnable.

However, mail is not being sent and when I view the logs I see:

03/09/06 14:33:46 SMTP-IN 7A4425A620864E7BB658417AE072F5BB.MAI 740 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx RCPT RCPT TO: <themusicbroker@hotmail.com> 503 This mail server requires authentication when attempting to send to a non-local e-mail address. Please check your mail client settings or contact your administrator to verify that the domain or address is defined for this server. 235 39

(xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the IP address)

So, what have I done wrong ?? As a workaround I have added the xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx IP address as a Privileged Address but I'm not clear on the ramifications of that.

This is my first time on my own server so I've never had to deal with MailEnable before but I do know this ASPEmail code works fine on shared/virtual hosting.

moegal

Post by moegal » Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:55 am

I have pro and aspemail and it works for me. Maybe I can help. I'll look at my settings and get back to you.

I got aspemail for the queing feature and it works great.

Marty