Locked Directory

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
rockinthesixstring

Locked Directory

Post by rockinthesixstring » Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:55 pm

Does ME2.0 lock a directory when it is working with messages. i have MEFilter running on my system, and PRE 2.0 it ran like a top, but now it can not rewrite message files in a directory. i tryed altering permissions (EVERYONE = FULL) but to no avail. is ME 2.0 locking something down while processing messages?
Chase
Server 2008 Standard (x64)
ME Ent 6.51 (SQL Server 2008 Config)
ASSP 1.9

labsy

Re: Locked Directory

Post by labsy » Tue May 02, 2006 12:45 am

rockinthesixstring wrote:Does ME2.0 lock a directory when it is working with messages. i have MEFilter running on my system, and PRE 2.0 it ran like a top, but now it can not rewrite message files in a directory. i tryed altering permissions (EVERYONE = FULL) but to no avail. is ME 2.0 locking something down while processing messages?
ME locks file only when writing it to disk or deleting it in the process of sending or receiving. If you have antivirus, check, if ME folders are EXCLUDED from residental AntiVirus scanning!
Try this:
- STOP all ME services
- then try to alter/delete the messages you could not before
- if you fail to delete these messages, then it is a corruption in your filesystem -> you should run ScanDisk to repair file sharing violations (corrupted and duplicated parts of files)
Windows Hosting Sollutions Provider
http://www.hostmachine.net