Thousand of mails in Inbound Folder. Service Stop

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
drkl

Thousand of mails in Inbound Folder. Service Stop

Post by drkl »

I have encounter ME Pro 1.75 service stop when there is few hunderd or thousand of mails in the Inbound Folder. It happen frequently. Is it a BUG?

andyvm

Post by andyvm »

I have this as well just upgraded to 1.77, thought it was related to that. I think it may actually have to do with new round of windows updates and virus filter?

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable »

It sounds like some sort of mail looping issue. If you are running plesk it might be the DrWeb issue (to which they have a patch). Perhaps inspect the logs to determine where the messages are coming from.
Regards, Andrew

andyvm

Post by andyvm »

This just started within the past 2 days for me. Have to turn off Antivirus filter and restart MTA. When it happens, MEMTA consumes 100% processor.

Using AVG 7. Very odd...

drkl

Post by drkl »

I am expecting 10,000 users in my P4 3.0 ME Pro + F-prot. Can ME Pro handle or need to upgrade to ME Ent.?

MTA is very high for past few days. Will upgrade to Pro 1.77 and see whether will solve MTA problem.

andyvm

Post by andyvm »

I use SpamAssassign Outlook executable to filter spam, wondering if that is the problem. I've disabled all filters. Will let you know if it comes back. AV was disabled and it froze again.

andyvm

Post by andyvm »

After runing MTA in debug mode, it appears to lock on the sa-outlook plugin I use to run spamassassin. Will keep posted.