ME colapses after disk full

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
Post Reply
labsy
Posts: 148
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2003 6:49 am
Location: Slovenia

ME colapses after disk full

Post by labsy » Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:23 pm

Hello!

I had an issue with some external program, which filled my hard disk up to the last available byte. Ok, I solved the problem, deleted those temporary files which filled the disk up...

BUT since then ME Pro has great problems!

AUTH.TAB file had 0 bytes, so noone could login. I restored AUTH.TAB file from yesterday's backup, but SMTP did not want to start.

Then I restored the whole CONFIG folder, and SMTP and other services started normaly. BUT some of accounts work, others do not authenticate.

Any idea how to check/repair all acounts? I have 1000+ and I do not want to manually check them one by one.
Image
Windows Hosting Sollutions Provider
http://www.hostmachine.net

MailEnable
Site Admin
Posts: 4441
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2002 3:03 am
Location: Melbourne, Victoria Australia

Post by MailEnable » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:13 pm

What version of MailEnable Professional Edition are you using. There are many backup files, one of which can most likely be renamed to recover the auth.tab file. Please see:

http://www.mailenable.com/kb/Content/Ar ... D=me020156
Regards, Andrew

labsy
Posts: 148
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2003 6:49 am
Location: Slovenia

Post by labsy » Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:36 am

I am using latest 1.79 Pro version.
It is not problem recovering AUTH.TAB file. I recovered it and all accounts are there, also all domains and all settings. I checked the problematic accounts, but all settings are there.
The problem is, that some of accounts do not work, neither authenticate via POP3, neither can send mail via SMTP.

I'll try to reinstall latest version and reboot. I'll see if that helps.
Image
Windows Hosting Sollutions Provider
http://www.hostmachine.net

labsy
Posts: 148
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2003 6:49 am
Location: Slovenia

Post by labsy » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:27 am

I reinstalled and rebooted, but no difference.

Weird, that when I click on DIAGNOSTICS under ME MMC console, some of domains are listed under POSTOFICES, but are NOT listed under HOSTED DOMAINS.
What a mess...

I had to manually correct all the .TAB files in config folder, because also backups are not what they should be. Some of .TAB files in my DAILY backups are 2 years old! I dunno how is this possible, but somehow MEBACKUP obviously managed to backup old files instead of new ones.

Seems like ME has problems with writing/reading its config files.
When disk was full, ME obviously read files, then deleted them, and tried to write new config. But as it did not suceed, some config files were empty, and some were only partially written.
Image
Windows Hosting Sollutions Provider
http://www.hostmachine.net

Post Reply