ME-E0032 DATA Command Failed

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
jbasilico

ME-E0032 DATA Command Failed

Post by jbasilico »

Somewhat of a "newbie" to MailEnable (and for those matter, mail server hosting). Since I switched over to using MailEnable, none of my customers can send email that uses group contacts created within Outlook. Is there a known issue with ME and Outllook in this regard, or is there something I need to set on the server to allow group email?

Here's the actuall error: "ME-E0032 DATA command failed. An error occurred when transmitting the message data to the target mail server."
James Basilico
Total Computer Solutions

jbasilico

Post by jbasilico »

Resend...anyone have a clue to why Outlook doesn't like group contacts?
James Basilico
Total Computer Solutions

supra2800

Post by supra2800 »

bitcompany

Re: ME-E0032 DATA Command Failed

Post by bitcompany »

Sending or receiving e-mails fails with the DATA command.
I understand that the problem is windows, but where do I find the solution since the same problem occurs when sending with webmail?

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: ME-E0032 DATA Command Failed

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,
Sending or receiving e-mails fails with the DATA command.
I understand that the problem is windows, but where do I find the solution since the same problem occurs when sending with webmail?
You need to check the SMTP log files at the time your sending the outbound message. Usually errors when the DATA command fails it points to a firewall or proxy which is filtering the data and drops the connection if the data triggers a filter. If you have a firewall/proxy that sits in front of the MailEnable server then you need to review the log files on the device.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support