outlook asking password again and again

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
MailEnable-Ben

Post by MailEnable-Ben » Fri May 18, 2007 1:43 am

we are using Pro v2.37 and I have the concurrent connection from teh default 16, to now 50.
What do you mean here? The concurrent connection service is either on or off it is not configurable.

Another thing that might give us more information is if you enable the security features of the POP service. Enable NTLM and CRAM-MD5 and see if this helps. This will make the AUTH command advertise its supported security features and may help with some clients.
Regards,

Product Services
MailEnable Pty Ltd

To keep track of all ME company updates and version releases you should subscribe to the MailEnable list at http://www.mailenable.com or the RSS feed http://www.mailenable.com/rss.

thechatking

Post by thechatking » Fri May 18, 2007 6:19 am

MailEnable-Ben wrote:
we are using Pro v2.37 and I have the concurrent connection from teh default 16, to now 50.
What do you mean here? The concurrent connection service is either on or off it is not configurable.
When you first load POP properties, there's a connections box that defaults to 16 - this is not the box to change. The box you want is on one of the other tabs (can't remember which) and is a simple checkbox.

TheStapler

Post by TheStapler » Fri May 18, 2007 11:53 am

Ok... yes, that would be the problem, i see the check box, and i now checked it, as well, the 16, was the max number of concurrent connections allowed (when i didn't even check the allow checkbox on the next tab). Hope this fixes the problem :)

benny

Templock

Post by benny » Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:21 am

I have the problem on one server running 2.37 in the offending mailbox there will be a file called Templock. This files prevents the user from looging on multiple sessions. I stop all services, delete the file and restart the services.

My other mail server is running 2.38 and not suffering from this affliction. One note, I have found Mailenble to be quite good and relatively trouble free. In saying that there have been some annoying issues crop up that I have managed to deal with from the forum.
As yet I have not had to put in a ticket which you have to pay for which I find quite annoying as it all goes to help create a better product.