Webmail Bug when setting Contacts as StartUp page!

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
joaquimponte

Webmail Bug when setting Contacts as StartUp page!

Post by joaquimponte »

Webmail hangs on "Please wait while MailEnable WebMail is loaded..." when we set "Contacts" as StartUp page.

I had to set it back mannually (in user's Config directory) to Account Summary.

BTW, i'm using mailenable pro 3.04

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Thanks for pointing this out. We are aware of the problem and has been addressed for the upcoming release.

The problem is that if you have the summary page set to "calender" and then you disable the calendering option within the "webmail" properties window within the administration console, the issue occurs.

regards,

MailEnable support.

SpammersMustDie

Post by SpammersMustDie »

That is not the sole problem for this issue.

I have just upgraded to 3.04 as well. I have calendering enabled, but if a user sets the startup page to contacts, then the login hangs.

Just a heads up that it isn't necessarily due to calendering.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Does the problem occur for all your mailboxes? I would suggest lodging a support ticket with MailEnable providing details for the accounts experiencing the problems along with RDP details for the server so that a technician can login and investigate the cause of the login hang.

regards,

MailEnable Support.

joaquimponte

Post by joaquimponte »

Yes it seems that SpammersMustDie has exactly the same problem as i had.

The problem occurs in all mailboxes where users set the startup page to contacts (this occurred with 3 mailboxes so i presume this happens with all).

BTW, SpammersMustDie, I don't know if you "temporarily” solved the problem so user can login again, but I you didn’t, here a solution:
You have to manually edit mailbox config file <mailenable directory>\Config\Postoffices\<poffice_name>\MAILBOXES\<mailbox_name>.SYS
Change WebMail-StartupPage line to WebMail-StartupPage=AccountSummary

Regards,
Joaquim.

SpammersMustDie

Post by SpammersMustDie »

Thanks joaquimponte.

I did get it fixed by going to the file you mentioned and simply removing the startup page line completely. Apparently 3.05 should fix this issue. I may try the Beta today.

More information can be found here:
http://forum.mailenable.com/viewtopic.php?t=15093