Webmail Problems

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
Post Reply
AmbientIT
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:01 am

Webmail Problems

Post by AmbientIT » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:01 pm

I've recently upgraded to Professional v3.0 from v2.0 and now I'm having issues with webmail.

1) This is a cross domain problem. Every time I select an email and delete it, or use the "empty" folder option, it appears to delete the item(s) but then it will duplicate it back into the Deleted Items folder. This is not a critical issue but it is an annoyance. I know others have experienced this. Does anyone have the solution?

2) This is only happening with a few domains but when a user logs in they can see all their existing mail that was there before the upgrade but it doesn't display any new mail. However, I know for sure that there are new messages in that mail box. Any thoughts?

I appreciate any help you can offer.

Thanks,
~Ryan

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin
Posts: 9220
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:44 am
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Post by MailEnable-Ian » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:45 am

Hi,

Sounds like permissions, I would first start by running the MailEnable diagnostic report and checking for any obvious failures under the folders permissons section and under the "Web application tests" section of the report.

Also ensure you do not have resident AV scanning running in the windows background.

regards,

MailEnable Support.

AmbientIT
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:01 am

Post by AmbientIT » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:58 am

I have fixed it. It was permissions mostly with the webmail issue. Something did get screwed up when I did the upgrade so I did a manual uninstall and tehn reinstalled it and reset the permissions and passwords manually in IIS and it is working perfectly now.

Thanks,

Ryan
~Ryan

AmbientIT
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:01 am

Post by AmbientIT » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:58 am

I have fixed it. It was permissions mostly with the webmail issue. Something did get screwed up when I did the upgrade so I did a manual uninstall and then reinstalled it and reset the permissions and passwords manually in IIS and it is working perfectly now.

Thanks,

Ryan
~Ryan

Post Reply