Help with ME Pro, MeFilter and public spam folders

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
lschafroth

Help with ME Pro, MeFilter and public spam folders

Post by lschafroth »

I have MailEnable Pro 2.52.

I purchased MeFilter/w OCR. The manual does a great job of explaining all the features but not give any real world examples and etc.

I also dont have any real clean method of letting users report spam or evaluate what the server suspects as spam.

I will be replacing the current webmail ith RoundCube so webmail users have full IMAP functionality. This way I can create spam folders.

My question is: Does anyone have a good documented setup with what work well for them with MEFilter and IMAP based spam folders?

I want the users to be able to see what the system thinks is possible spam and move it or release it.

I want them to be able to drag emails they consider spam to a junk or spam folder that gets processed.

I'm new to MEfilter and cannot find any good examples or guides on it's usage. I dont ant to experiment with live accounts and break anything and was hoping someone else has benn thre, done that. :)

thank you!!

LS

rockinthesixstring

Post by rockinthesixstring »

I have used MEFilter quite extensively and found that anything I wanted to do had to be done manually. The report as spam feature in ME Webmail gives you a few options, and the one I use is to dump it in a folder... then I write custom apps to handle those messages and integrate them into MEFilter.

I have however moved away from MEFilter because of the limitations, and have opted for ASSP which is setup more like "Configure it and Leave it".

ASSP is hands down the best spam filter I have ever seen and is completely FREE.
Chase
Server 2008 Standard (x64)
ME Ent 6.51 (SQL Server 2008 Config)
ASSP 1.9