run-time error 419 permission to use object denied

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
cassius

Post by cassius »

I called you a chode, because I felt like I had to end my post with calling you a name since you said yourself that you respond to people with the same attitude they spoke to you. I was just trying to return the courtesy, and I almost added that after the "chode", but decided you were bright enough to figure out that I was making a point. Chode isn't even a word, and I have no idea what it means. Guess I overestimated you.

Grammar problems? I assume you're talking about me since you began your post with a quote of what I said. Perhaps you're thinking of one of my client websites? Perhaps my brother's (barns4u.com), who is fifteen years older than I and has half my education (if that). To which I can only say that I've told him countless times since I started hosting his site for him that spelling and grammatical errors look really unprofessional, and I've also offered countless times to proofread his site for him, but he's declined. If you're talking about MY website (lwebs.com), please point out what you're talking about, because I don't know of any grammatical errors. And believe me, I know a grammatical error when I see one, my friend. If you were trying to get under my skin, well you sure did a good job of making me laugh instead. Where's all this hostility coming from, anyway?

Oh yes, I remember you now -- you're the same guy that was bitching last week (or was it earlier this week) about the price of ME, and how you weren't going to pay it until they fixed their product, blah blah blah.

I hang out on these boards quite often, completely voluntarily, trying to take care of some of the more obvious issues people bring up so Andrew doesn't have to. He and I have never talked about this, I'm just doing it to be nice, because I love this software, and because I've had a bit of experience with mail servers before. I'm sure there's at least a couple of people reading this that I've helped before, probably within the last month.

Believe me, I won't make the mistake of trying to help you again. And really, this is my last post on this subject, unless you decide to attack me again. I'm sorry that ME doesn't meet with your expectations. As far as I'm concerned, it's the best deal on computer software of ANY kind, let alone mail servers. These forums are an additional godsend that makes it even MORE valuable as a software package, I just hope that people like you don't ruin it for everyone else.

Actually, what I really hope, is that Andrew would close this thread labelling it the useless provocation of verbal abuse that it is, so that people would know better than to start flaming if they want help on a subject. But he's such a nice guy, he'll probably ignore your immaturity and help you anyway. But I certainly won't.

cassius

Post by cassius »

I feel kinda bad now, I've been on internet forums for several years of various kinds and I try to avoid engaging in flamewars. Andrew, let me express my personal apology to you for participating in such on your message board.

RBogan

Post by RBogan »

Hmm...now you're a liar. You said you were no longer commenting on this matter. Er, for the record.

Anyway...I wasn't "bitching" about the price of ME...hardly. All I was saying was that I had money waiting to buy ME when this issue is resolved.

You need a reading comprehension course as well as to stay out of other people's business.

I was also defending another poor soul who happened to request an additional type of "Trial ME"...if you'll recall. Some of you "volunteers" jumped on the guy for no reason. Again, if you'll recall.

You should really quit volunteering your services here...because you might very well drive off paying customers with your seemingly infinite amount of free time.

Now damn it...QUIT REPLYING IN THIS THREAD UNLESS YOU HAVE A FIX. I'm TIRED OF NEW MESSAGE NOTIFICATIONS CONTAINING YOUR HIGH SCHOOL DRAMA CLUB ANTICS.

For the love of God man...just STOP. You need to one-up me...go ahead...but damn it...open another THREAD. I get my hopes up of a REAL SOLUTION every time I get notified there's a new post in this thread. FLAME ME ELSEWHERE...or better yet...here ya go chump...my personal email addres...INSULT ME ALL YOU WISH...BUT DONT KEEP DOING IT IN HERE.

Incidentally...it's no shock you're not aware of your grammar issues on your website. If you knew better...they wouldn't exist in the first place!

lol

RBogan at houston.rr.com

Enjoy...

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi, just to let you know that we have been treating the permission error with urgency, and are determined to have it resolved shortly. We know where it occurs, but not exactly why, or what solution will work yet. We thank those users who have supplied information regarding this. It is an issue with some Windows 2003 installations, and we haven't determined whether it was a service pack change (since users had it working OK up to a certain point). We'll post details as soon as we can. Any possible reasons for the error we have posted was the best we knew at the time.

If you are experiencing this problem, it is best to email your server configuration and service packs installed to support@mailenable.com. This way we can gather more information about the issue, and also inform you quickly of a resolution.

cassius

Post by cassius »

Hmm...now you're a liar. You said you were no longer commenting on this matter. Er, for the record.
I said that would be last post on the subject, of why you shouldn't be flaming people here. My other post (which I wouldn't have done at all if I didn't feel bad) wasn't even directed at you.
Anyway...I wasn't "bitching" about the price of ME...hardly. All I was saying was that I had money waiting to buy ME when this issue is resolved.
You were saying that they should consider offering more pricing options because what they had wasn't good enough for all users. You also said that those who were saying that $175 is as reasonable as it gets had "holier-than-thou" attitudes.
You need a reading comprehension course as well as to stay out of other people's business.
This is a public message board, I have just as much "business" in any thread as you do, unless someone at ME tells you or I otherwise.
I was also defending another poor soul who happened to request an additional type of "Trial ME"...if you'll recall. Some of you "volunteers" jumped on the guy for no reason. Again, if you'll recall.
If you'll recall, one of the main arguments for supporting his request was that it was a different form of the freebie already offered... that he wanted limited mailboxes instead of limited domains. But the ME standard to my knowledge doesn't limit number of domains... It's totally free for however many domains / mailboxes you want. It just doesn't include certain features that are in Pro, like webmail. Now who needs a reading comprehension course? We didn't "jump on him for no reason" -- we explained our reason very clearly in my opinion -- that $175 is more than a reasonable price, it's a helluva deal. His request would mean that they would have to take development people away from putting in new features to design a new version that had limited domains. Not terribly difficult, but it's still new coding that would have to be done because they don't have a limited-domains version or even a limited-mailboxes version.
...INSULT ME ALL YOU WISH...
I'm not the one that started flaming people, friend. Just as you jumped to the defense of the poster in the other thread, I jumped to the defense of whoever posted as Guest in this one. If you go looking for the first name-calling of this whole conversation, I think you will find it to be you calling Guest a "jerkoff". The rest of your reply to his post is even more flattering.
Incidentally...it's no shock you're not aware of your grammar issues on your website. If you knew better...they wouldn't exist in the first place!
I do know better. I was an English minor. However, I never said it wasn't possible that I didn't have grammar mistakes on my website (everyone makes mistakes), only that I found it unlikely. I still do. I even looked it over briefly to see if anything jumped out at me. Why won't you offer any specifics? Don't say it's because I'm not paying you to proofread my site or some excuse like that... you're the one that jumped out with all the accusations, including, however childish it may be, accusations about grammar mistakes on my website. Well, I don't know if you live in the US but here in America friend the burden of proof lies with the accuser.

And I knew your e-mail address before you posted it, but thanks.

cassius

Post by cassius »

I never said it wasn't possible that I didn't have grammar mistakes ...
Just like the grammar mistake of a double- or triple-negative. Lol, I guess I care less about proofreading when people are making personal attacks against me.

cassius

Post by cassius »

And there's no need to shout with your caps lock key. We can all hear you. *grin*

Okay okay, this post was just to annoy you. But I think after all that you deserve a little side-rubbing.

Oh, and by the way:
You should really quit volunteering your services here...because you might very well drive off paying customers with your seemingly infinite amount of free time.
In the seven months since I registered on this forum, you're the first person I've run the risk of "driving off" or even upsetting in the slightest. But then, I don't run around calling people holier-than-thou or jerkoff. =)

Shadow

Post by Shadow »

Hmm...just a thought I had. Is this error occuring on Server 2003 Web edition only or on all Server 2003 versions? It's a bit hard to tell from all the rest of the junk in this thread.

I have been running Server 2003 Standard for 2 or 3 months now and my only problem is the reoccuring COM+ errors, which really don't cause any problems with any functionality that I'm aware of so I ignore them. I also apply all MS windows updates and none of them have caused any issues for me.

ccaldwell

Post by ccaldwell »

To anyone who's still watching this topic this is what I did to temporally fix this problem.

1. Installed W2K on a new server (or use an existing W2k server)
2. Updated O/S with ALL service packs and patches (including the .Net, you will need this is if you use the SNIMTA filter).
3. Installed Mail Enable Pro.
4. Manually add the domains exactly as they are on the W2K3 server.
5. Configure IIS for Web Mail on each domain.
6. Configure Web Mail properties through the ME MMC and close the MMC when done.
7. Copy the "Config" and "Postoffices" folder from the W2K3 server to the same folders on the W2K server.
8. Open the ME MMC and you should see all the domains and users.

Everything works fine now. The only thing is that the W2K server is not registered. You'll have 30 days to fix that. If I missed anything important please let me know. Thanks!

ccaldwell

RBogan

Post by RBogan »

Shadow wrote:Hmm...just a thought I had. Is this error occuring on Server 2003 Web edition only or on all Server 2003 versions? It's a bit hard to tell from all the rest of the junk in this thread.

I have been running Server 2003 Standard for 2 or 3 months now and my only problem is the reoccuring COM+ errors, which really don't cause any problems with any functionality that I'm aware of so I ignore them. I also apply all MS windows updates and none of them have caused any issues for me.
Windows 2003 Standard here...for the record.

RBogan

Post by RBogan »

cassius wrote:. Well, I don't know if you live in the US but here in America friend the burden of proof lies with the accuser.

And I knew your e-mail address before you posted it, but thanks.
So...if you "knew" my email address...(RBogan at houston.rr.com)...why would you also fail to realize I live in the United States?

I live in Houston...in the state of Texas...the greatest nation in this country ;)

Quit trying to be bigtime man...it's beyond absurd at this point.

OMG...LOL...an HONEST LOL...reading this last post of yours actually caused a chuckle!

cassius

Post by cassius »

I'm glad you have a sense of humor =)

Oh, and I can't resist...

How many other nations are there in this country?

cassius

Post by cassius »

Oh nm, I guess that was the point. You secessive states always take me by surprise =)

RBogan

Post by RBogan »

cassius wrote:Oh nm, I guess that was the point. You secessive states always take me by surprise =)
So...if you "knew" my email address...(RBogan at houston.rr.com)...why would you also fail to realize I live in the United States?

PLEASE ANSWER THIS...I'm still laughing about it...

AlertServ

Post by AlertServ »

RBogan wrote:2) Could this have anything to do with ME Pro needing to be fully registered? Could this be a simple license issue? I'm asking because I used the product for about 3 weeks...and during this 4th week it stopped working right. Would the 419 access error be an indication (sloppy as though it may be) that my trial period was about to expire?
I have a customer with fully registered version with the problem. I have an unregistered version at end of time (or past) with no problem.
Shadow wrote:Hmm...just a thought I had. Is this error occuring on Server 2003 Web edition only or on all Server 2003 versions?
Same customer mentioned above has W2K3 Standard. I have the Web Edition.
Alert Serv | Managed Windows Servers, Incident Support
Including Support for Mail Enable & Helm - http://www.AlertServ.com
------------------------------------------------------
Authorized Helm Reseller