Outbound Whitelist

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
W@ng

Outbound Whitelist

Post by W@ng »

Hi!

I have checked "Enable Outbound Whitelist" in the "Whitelist" tab of the SMTP properties. I would like to check if this is working properly. Where can I view the IP addresses, that were automatically added to the whitelist because of sending a mail to that server?

Thanks,

W@ng

W@ng

Re: Outbound Whitelist

Post by W@ng »

Nobody?

W@ng

Post by W@ng »

push...

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable »

You can use explorer on the server and inspect here:
[Program Files]\Mail Enable\Config\Connections
Regards, Andrew

W@ng

Post by W@ng »

Hi Andrew,

thanks for your reply. Within the folder you mentioned I have three subfolders: Greylist, Spam, Whitelist. When I look into the "Whitelist" folder there is one single file named 62.75.192.105.tab. The file is empty. If this is the folder where the "outbound whitelist" IP addresses should go, something is wrong. What can it be?

Thanks,

W@ng

it.support

Post by it.support »

Hi W@ng,

did u resolved this issue? When you open the .tab file, the content is "This is a flag file for mailneble".

I am having issue with sending email to our clients also.
in the log file, it shows "554 service unavailable; client host [domain name] blocked by bl.spamcop.net; [IP address]"

haizz...by enabling "outbound whitelist" does it help?

Regards,
Jumi

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Outbound whitelist will only add the remote servers connecting IP address to the MailEnable SMTP white list so that if the remote servers recipient replies it will be accepted and bypass any SMTP security checks. The outbound whitelist option has not affect on a remote servers filters and security checks.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

it.support

Post by it.support »

Hi Ian,

When you said:
if the remote servers recipient replies it will be accepted and bypass any SMTP security checks
does this mean it is becoming inbound whitelist?because you stated that when recipient replies then it will bypass and SMTP check.
What I want is for the outbound. I don't care if the user reply or not.

I just want to make sure we successfully delivered email to recipients without failure.

appreciated your fast reply.

Best regards,
Jumi

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

It adds the IP address of the remote server to the SMTP whitelist to bypass the MailEnable SMTP Security checks on the next send that comes form the that server. It has no affect on the remote servers security checks or filters. I don't believe this would be even possible.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support