Old ME Pro v3.63, outbound messages stuck

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
json

Old ME Pro v3.63, outbound messages stuck

Post by json »

I've just moved an old ME Pro to a new server (Windows 2008), and apart from the outbound SMTP queue getting bigger and bigger everything else works!

When looking at the "Mail Enable System Overview" window, the polled time for the outbound queue just grows and grows (until I stop and start the SMTP service).
And when I look at the messages in the queue, they all have status "unsent" and a "date" in the past, "retries" at 0 and no destination given.

The only thing odd I can find in the SMTP debug log is this line:

09/30/11 12:38:48 ME-E0068: (sw) socket [676] error. Return Value: (10054)

I've used telnet to access the Mail Enable SMTP server, working fine! I've used nslookup (on gmail.com), working fine! So now I'm feeling a bit clueless.

When I right click a message and select "send now" nothing happens, nothing at all. When I right click and select "view send history" I get a message box saying: "Could not find the start point in the logs for this message for date xxxxxx. Do you wish to search the previous days logs?".

Any ideas?? This is getting pretty serious fast, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Steen

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Old ME Pro v3.63, outbound messages stuck

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

When you moved the installation over did you restore the MailEnable registry from the old server? Can you provide some log snippets from the activity log file in respect to your debug log snippet?
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support