Unable to log onto Webmail

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
dlehman

Unable to log onto Webmail

Post by dlehman »

After upgrading Standard (Professional is already installed), I received this message:

The following error needs to be rectified:

Error (-2147221005) - The MTS/COM Package identify account/password mismatch.
To resolve this problem please follow these steps:

1.. Reset the password of the IME_ADMIN account to a known password
2.. Open the MTS (NT) or Component Services (2000) and set the identity account credentials to those used in Step 1.
3.. Try to access webmail again. If it fails restart the server

This would be fine, except I don't have a MTS or "Component Services" running on the Windows 2000 server. Any ideas, or am I just looking at the wrong location?

kevinc

Post by kevinc »

You should have Component Services, you will find it under Administrative Tools in the Control Panel :)

dlehman

Post by dlehman »

Thanks! Perhaps some more detailed instructions in the KB would be useful ;)

reino

Same problem

Post by reino »

Hi,

Actually I have the same problem, and if i choose mail enable under com+/applications I get the error "Object was not found in registry", then I am informed that I may have to reinstall the component. Another strange thing is, that the server have for an example 4 mewebmail.attachments installed. Maybe the installationprogram doesnt remove the old components before installing the new ones ?

Have tried to make a new install of mailenable but still it doesnt work. I am afraid that I know have to remove all about mailenable, and make a clean install. Anyone having the same problem or know a solutions for this ?

Thanks and best regards

Reino

bcupps

Post by bcupps »

Same issue here too. Reset passwords, rebooted server, restarted services. Same problems. Client is really freaking. This is the 3rd day in a row that something is screwed up with the email server. Anybody got a fix without having to reinstall??
Did the 'HotFix' cause this??

reino

Just for the record

Post by reino »

Have tried following without luck:

1.. Reset the password of the IME_ADMIN account to a known password
2.. Open the MTS (NT) or Component Services (2000) and set the identity account credentials to those used in Step 1.
3.. Try to access webmail again. If it fails restart the server

Cheers

Reino

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The error displayed is produced when MailEnable cannot create the object
that is used for webmail. If the application installed correctly, then the error is usually generated when the password for the IME_ADMIN user does not match the one in COM+. If you have multiple classes registered in COM+, or get an error when trying to shut the package down, delete the package (right click and select Delete from the popup menu in Component Services). You can then reinstall the Pro version which will create this package again. You are likely to need to reset the password, since the IME_ADMIN account will still be there.

What is probably happening is that because of an error with the package, the install kit cannot install the new DLL correctly in the package, and thus the component cannot be created. You should be able to expand the Mail Enable package and see various items within (you can expand multiple levels).

reino

Hi

Post by reino »

Hi,

Thanks alot, actually I deleted the whole webmail package component, ran the pro install again and rebooted the server. And then the webmail worked again. So thanks alot :)

Cheers

Reino

PS: Still strange the server did cache the old components, maybe, if possible, it would be a good idea to include an uninstall/install of the webmailcomponent package when making a product upgrade ?
Thanks still for a great product, its for sure I will buy a license for this mailserver :)