Com Component and SMTP limits / Restrictions

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
solucionmike

Com Component and SMTP limits / Restrictions

Post by solucionmike »

Hi,
I have just upgraded to Version 7, and so far so good. I use the .asp COM Compnent to send emails via MailEnable and want to know if the SMTP - Secutity options "Limit number of Recipients per hout to 100" applies to the COM component - or juts applies to normal mailbox accounts.
Please advise
Mike

Sonic Blue

Re: Com Component and SMTP limits / Restrictions

Post by Sonic Blue »

Not an official answer, but I would hazard a guess that the answer should be "yes" since the COM component should wrap the respective engine and the security restrictions should be built into the engine.

solucionmike

Re: Com Component and SMTP limits / Restrictions

Post by solucionmike »

Thanks for that, I would like to have that confimed if possible, not just a guess, but I suspect you are right.
I notice in the MMC Admin control panel, if you drill down to Messaging Manager->Post Offices-> etc then select a specifc Mailbox there is an option in right Panel called "Configure MailBox Defaults", which is a little cryptic but looks like we can setup for each NEW mailbox a "SMTP-Inbound-Message-UsageRestrictions". I have the idea here if I delete and create the COM Component "from" email we use, I may be able to overwrite the SMTP restrictions here. i.e if I set the SMTP Security option limit to say 100 messages per hour, and create a new mailbox with "SMTP-Inbound-Message-UsageRestrictions" say at 3000 per hour at the email account level - the COM component wont be restricted to 100 per hour. Ideas?
Mike May