Webmail doesn't work on all email accounts

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
jerry2

Webmail doesn't work on all email accounts

Post by jerry2 » Mon May 06, 2013 8:14 am

I have Mail Enable 7.06 and some of my mail accounts (can belong to same domain) can be accessed using webmail, while others inbox does not open. Instead there is error:

Server communication failure. Please refresh your browser and try again.

Of course refresh doesn't help. Inbox is not shown, outbox is no problem and other folders, but not inbox. That happens to about 50% of my email addresses with mail :-(

I use windows 2012 and I have configured ME to use ASP.NET 2.0.50727 32-bit.

Can anybody help?

dbacher

Re: Webmail doesn't work on all email accounts

Post by dbacher » Tue May 07, 2013 3:03 am

I am seeing this as well going from 7.04 to 7.06 -- Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 report with the error box, and the other browsers just hang -- they sit there doing nothing. Installing 7.07 did fix it for me.

If your problem is the same (the symptom is the same), I'm guessing you'll find this in the system event log, attributed to ASP.NET 4.0:

Exception information:
Exception type: NullReferenceException
Exception message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at MailEnable.MailFolders.GetUnreadCount(String FolderName)
at MailEnable.WebRequest.ListMessages()
at MailEnable.WebRequest.ProcessCommand()
at MailEnable.WebRequest.ProcessRequest()
at MailEnable.Clients.WebMail.Mondo.asyncrequest.xde97676d01739ced(Object xe0292b9ed559da7d, EventArgs xfbf34718e704c6bc)
at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

And so if that's the same problem, it should fix it for you -- I don't see anything in the release notes about fixing it, but it looks like 7.07 was all patches anyway. Also, as always, I had to flip EAS back to .NET 2.0 after the install for EAS to work (Windows 2K8 R2, x64, IIS 7.5). If the pool is allowed to run .NET 4.0 (which is what the installer wants), then EAS fails to run. I haven't done any troubleshooting since that solution has been good enough for me.

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable » Tue May 07, 2013 3:01 pm

Hi,
I have tried to reproduce this problem and have not been able to do so. I also our product issue register and could not find any behaviour similar to this.
The 7.07 release does have a patch relating to reading unread message count on v4.0 of the framework. So it may be worth upgrading.
If the issue persists, it would be great if you could raise a support ticket under the defect category so we can gain more insight into the problem.
Regards, Andrew

jerry2

Post by jerry2 » Wed May 08, 2013 1:08 pm

I don't see anything in the log, but I was unable to enable webmail logging (I enabled it but it writes nothing).

I am using .net 2. There was only 7.06 when I wrote this, 7.07 must be from today... I'll try it.

This problem happens when I migrate my domain by plesk, mail is migrated, everything is there, but on webmail there is this error. If I delete all messages with POP3, and send one new message to this email, it is visible, no more error. Seems like there is something wrong when emails were transferred but all the checks in MailEnable show nothing wrong.

jerry2

Post by jerry2 » Mon May 20, 2013 7:39 am

7.07 says the same error ;-(

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian » Tue May 28, 2013 5:01 am

Hi,

Please upgrade to version 7.08 as there were other fixes that you need to apply. If the problem persist after the upgrade to 7.08 then please lodge a support ticket via the support form below and provide credentials for a mailbox exhibiting the error along with RDP details to the server.

http://www.mailenable.com/support/SupportRequest.asp
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support