Auto Signup

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
sab

Auto Signup

Post by sab »

Hi All,

I am wondering if any one had used the Auto Signup for email account. I want to know How do I allow users to automatically create mailboxes via the web, I have downloaded the ASP file from download page of ME, but need help on it. If any one had configured this file would appreciate sending me an example, also need to make this Auto Signup for one domain not all domain listed in ME.

Thanks
SAB

Gene

Post by Gene »

HI Sab,

What I have done for a single domain auto-signup is:

1. created a new directory under /Mail Enable/BIN/webmail and named it for the domain I need to have auto-signup for.

Ex: /Mail Enable/BIN/webmail/gene

2. Place signup.asp in the /gene directory and modify the settings as necessary

3. Search for oDomain.FindNextDomain in the signup.asp file and change its variable from 1 to 0. This will prevent the signup form from showing all the other domains on the server.

4. Place a link on the appropriate website to http://www.domain.com/mewbmail/gene/signup.asp ... you could also just direct them to http://www.domain.com/mewbmail/gene/ with a redirect to signup.asp

You can duplicate these steps for each individual domain you want to have automated signups for.

In my case, I had originally set this up, but due to some existing ME limitations, I disabled it ... primarily because I could not limit the users to webmail access only and was concerned about spammers finding the
site(s) and using my mail server for their bad deeds

Gene

sab

Auto Signup

Post by sab »

Hi Gene,

Thanks a lot for your help. It works just fine.

Best Wishes.
SAB

thatinternet

limit the domains

Post by thatinternet »

I too use this option but wish to have only the specific domain name show up in the name list drop down box. All my domains show up. any ideas?