Sending Messages in Webmail

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
WinWord10

Sending Messages in Webmail

Post by WinWord10 »

Error Type:
MEWebMail (0x800A004C)
Path not found
/mewebmail/base/default/lang/EN/Forms/MAI/Resolve.asp, line 64
---------------------------------------------------

That's the error I get when I try to send a email message from the web interface. Help! :(

WinWord10

Post by WinWord10 »

I tried reinstalling the pro version but I still can't send mail or use most of the pages in the "/base/default/lang/EN/Forms/MAI/" directory. Is this something I need to configure in IIS?

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable »

This error is most likely caused by permissions as it is failing when it is attempting to update/save a message into the Mailbox\Drafts folder in your postoffice.

The first thing is to ensure is that IME_ADMIN has been Full Control of your POSTOFFICES directory (and all subdirectories).

MailEnable will set these permissions on installation, but you should verify this. You can right click on the POSTOFFICES folder, Click Security and adjust the permissions.

Secondly, you should ensure that MEAPWMS.DLL is registered in COM+/MTS and is running under the Mail Enable Package. The identity of this package should be set to run as IME_ADMIN. This is almost certainly the case as otherwise you should not be able to log in to webmail at all.

If the COM+/MTS package does not appear to be configured correctly you should review this artice. http://www.mailenable.com/kb/viewarticle.asp?aid=30

Please let me know how you go. Thx
Regards, Andrew

WinWord10

Please simplify

Post by WinWord10 »

I am real sorry but I have no idea what you are talking about in the second part of your post, or how to perform that. Could you please explain in easier terms.. I have never done this before.

WinWord10

yay!!!

Post by WinWord10 »

I uninstalled both professional and standard, reinstalled both, and now it works perfectly :D .. thx for your help, support.. this product is terriffic.. I will recommend it to all my friends.