[Internet Explorer by Microsoft] Why is webmail so branded

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
David Payer

[Internet Explorer by Microsoft] Why is webmail so branded

Post by David Payer » Sun Nov 30, 2003 7:57 pm

[Internet Explorer by Microsoft]

I am wondering why it was deemed necessary to brand MailEnable's webmail with the company name.

Afterall, do we see the label of the Internet Explorer in this screen as I use it to type this message on your forum software.

I understand that free software deserves the recognition of a link but paid software seems to refute the need for the company name to be advertised.

Does every email have "brought to you by Outlook Express by Microsoft" emblazoned on it?

Am I wrong here?

David P

json

Post by json » Tue Dec 02, 2003 1:23 pm

What are you talking about ?

Are you complaining that the log-in page contains the name of the company that develops the product ?? Then change it, it's made using ASP, it's easy..

And btw, every e-mail send by Outlook (or Outlook Express) does have a big fat stamp in the header telling exactly that... and Internet Explorer is actually named Microsoft Internet Explorer ... so..!?

regards,
J.

Kogo

Re: [Internet Explorer by Microsoft] Why is webmail so brand

Post by Kogo » Tue Dec 02, 2003 7:59 pm

David Payer wrote:[Internet Explorer by Microsoft]

I am wondering why it was deemed necessary to brand MailEnable's webmail with the company name.

Afterall, do we see the label of the Internet Explorer in this screen as I use it to type this message on your forum software.

I understand that free software deserves the recognition of a link but paid software seems to refute the need for the company name to be advertised.

Does every email have "brought to you by Outlook Express by Microsoft" emblazoned on it?

Am I wrong here?

David P
In addition to the trivial ASP changes to the login page, you'll want to copy all the suff in one of the skins directory into a new one and change the branding there. Very simple and looks great for your company.