still getting com errors ME pro 1.15 and Win2k3 server

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
merk

still getting com errors ME pro 1.15 and Win2k3 server

Post by merk » Tue Dec 30, 2003 11:15 pm

just installed MEpro 1.15 (upgraded from 1.14) and after rebooting i had the COM error message twice. Clicked ok on both and things seem to be working ok.

RBogan

Post by RBogan » Wed Dec 31, 2003 11:54 pm

So...umm...? ME team?

What exactly does this latest version correct? If the com errors are still present...why should we update to this recent release?

Why even bother?

Don't give me a generic lecture regarding "updating being a personal choice". That's BS as we all know. I'm asking for facts here, not opinions. I realize that even with facts being considered, upgrading just about anything comes down to personal choice. However, I'm asking for more information to help my personal choice. See what I mean?

merk

Post by merk » Thu Jan 01, 2004 2:04 am

you should probably email them directly if you want an answer since their monitoring of the forums seems kinda spoty.

Anyhow, if you look at the download page for MEpro 1.15 there's a list of other bugs that it fixes as well as a couple of features they added ... i think there was only 3. The 2 i remember were being able to set the timezone for the web interface from the admin control panel and not having to set a postmaster box for smarthosted domains.

Not sure what the COM errors are, but so far they dont seem to be affecting anything. I'm guessing it just reloads the app when the error occurs.

RBogan

Post by RBogan » Thu Jan 01, 2004 2:14 am

merk wrote:you should probably email them directly if you want an answer since their monitoring of the forums seems kinda spoty.

Anyhow, if you look at the download page for MEpro 1.15 there's a list of other bugs that it fixes as well as a couple of features they added ... i think there was only 3. The 2 i remember were being able to set the timezone for the web interface from the admin control panel and not having to set a postmaster box for smarthosted domains.

Not sure what the COM errors are, but so far they dont seem to be affecting anything. I'm guessing it just reloads the app when the error occurs.
Yeah...I read that already...but I still don't understand why they have the sloppy errors such as those well documented throughout these forums.

merk

Post by merk » Thu Jan 01, 2004 2:18 am

RBogan wrote: Yeah...I read that already...but I still don't understand why they have the sloppy errors such as those well documented throughout these forums.
*shrug*

I guess since the com error doesnt actually seem to affect anything its not a high priority.

It worries me a little bit, but i've got it installed on 2 win2k3 machines and so far both of them are functioning fine so i'm not that concerned over it.

again, i'd email them directly. I usually get a reply by the next day when i've emailed them questions.
Last edited by merk on Fri Jan 02, 2004 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow

Post by Shadow » Fri Jan 02, 2004 6:31 pm

I'm not sure why you are still getting this error. I haven't gotten the COM error since I upgraded to 1.14.

I also run ME Pro on a Win2K3 server (all windows patches applied).

merk

Post by merk » Fri Jan 02, 2004 7:45 pm

Shadow wrote:I'm not sure why you are still getting this error. I haven't gotten the COM error since I upgraded to 1.14.

I also run ME Pro on a Win2K3 server (all windows patches applied).
i guess i am just lucky :)

kdehl113

COM errors

Post by kdehl113 » Sat Jan 03, 2004 1:27 am

I got it also, only once since upgrading to 1.14. But I think that I have solved the problem. Install ONLY on W2K, seems ME is not ready for server 2003. I still get subauthenticator errors as well as the COM errors.

Kevin

BlueRocket

Post by BlueRocket » Thu Jan 08, 2004 4:35 am

Not sure what the difference is, because I have not seen these errors since I upgraded to 1.14. Everything has been running very nice.

I have ME 1.14 on W2K3 with all Windows Updates applied and no other applications installed. Seriously, I haven't installed anything else.
"I have no special talents, I am only passionately curious" - Albert Einstein

merk

Post by merk » Thu Jan 08, 2004 5:15 am

i havent seen it since the upgrade. And i have it installed on 2 win2k3 servers. Just the one time right after the install. Maybe something was still in memory from the older version. In any case its been running fine without any problems i have seen.

BlueRocket

Post by BlueRocket » Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:48 pm

merk wrote:i havent seen it since the upgrade.
That's good to hear. I was beginning to think you had some really bad luck with ME on your servers. :D

merk

Post by merk » Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:21 pm

i knew i shouldnt have said that i hadnt gotten the error ... because today i got the com error.

I think the reason i didnt get the error before is because i never logged out of the console i just locked it. Last night i logged out. and today when i logged in, i got the COM error.

Everything seems to be working fine though (i probably shouldnt have said that).

BlueRocket

Post by BlueRocket » Fri Jan 09, 2004 1:07 am

err... interesting. I always logout, and I do 99% of my work remotely. I am almost never standing in front of the server.

Have you installed any other applications?

merk

Post by merk » Fri Jan 09, 2004 4:24 am

BlueRocket wrote:err... interesting. I always logout, and I do 99% of my work remotely. I am almost never standing in front of the server.

Have you installed any other applications?
yes:
sql server 2000
office 2000
vnc server and pcanywhere (neither is running though)

BlueRocket

Post by BlueRocket » Fri Jan 09, 2004 1:49 pm

Interesting. I wouldn't expect any of those programs to have a conflict with ME.

Any chance you have some in-house web applicatoins on that server? Maybe something done using COM?

Also, what kind of volume are you putting through ME? I wonder if that might be the difference. Not sure how to check this, but I'm going to login to my server and see if there is any way to know.

I'm just making shots in the dark hoping to hit on something that might explain or hint at why you're still getting them and I haven't seen any since upgrading.