Grisoft AVG antivirus is NOT scanning mail on server

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
jcremin

Post by jcremin »

Would one of you who has the AVGSCANL file be able to send me a copy. The tech support hasn't been particularily helpful in getting me the right file and I would like it ASAP to stop these mydoom virii. my email address is joe[at]jcremin.com

Thanks!
Joe

ColinWood

Grisoft and AVGSCANL

Post by ColinWood »

Similar to Joe I contacted Grisoft's Tech Support and received the following back ....
Thank you for your email. I am really sorry but the avgscanl.exe file is NOT a original part of AVG program, therefore cannot be used together with AVG antivirus software. The AVGSCAN.EXE file will be corrected to support return codes in the next program update released in a short period of time.
So I'd be grateful if anyone is able to forward a copy of the AVGSCANL file (colin@imagescotland.com), alternatively I'll just have to wait for a future upgrade from AVG.

Cheers,

Colin

Kiliman

Post by Kiliman »

You could create a wrapper script that will call AVGSCAN and then send the proper error code to ME.

Since I don't use AVGSCAN, post a list of command line arguments and the contents of the LOG file when it detects a virus.

Kiliman

jcremin

Post by jcremin »

JohnN, karenk, or Brett Rowbotham:

If any of you still browse this board, can you send me a copy of the AVGSCANL file. I need it as soon as I can!!

Thanks,
Joe

Phalynx

Post by Phalynx »

Me is also using AVG7 and also encounter the same problem. My Mailserver is getting hundreds of MyDoom Viruses every Day :( My eMail Address is contact@marius.de, if anyone would send me this file...

Thanks in advance!

Kiliman

Post by Kiliman »

I don't know if people will be able to send you a copy of AVGSCANL.EXE since that would probably violate the EULA.

However, I posted that it would be possible to wrap a script around the regular AVGSCAN.EXE so it will return the proper error code.

I am willing to write this wrapper script. But since I don't use AVGSCAN, I need somebody to post the list of command line arguments and a sample log file when it detects a virus.

Kiliman

juicey

Grisoft AVG antivirus is NOT scanning mail on server

Post by juicey »

I too received that reply from AVG on requesting the avgscanl program and would love to get a copy from anyone who has it until I can obtain the offically released version from Grisoft. :)
My address is br@talman.com.au

cherbert

Post by cherbert »

I just got this reply from Grisoft;

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email.

In the new build which will be released next week, there will be
repaired AVGSCAN.EXE program which will be able to return all exit
codes. May I ask you for your patiency?
Thank you.

Best regards,

Lubos Klinko
AVG Technical Support

sdewitt

Post by sdewitt »

Looks like the new build of AVG7 is out and appears to be working fine but I have only tested it for 2 days.

Shannon