Smart Hosted ??? Do I have a problem here.

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
Grumpydoug

Smart Hosted ??? Do I have a problem here.

Post by Grumpydoug »

:?: I notice I have a number of different enterties in my SMTP-Debug Log file...
ie... " Domain to [hotmail.com] will be smart hosted by connector to [smtp.shaw.com] "
I do have " Smart Host " turned on..
Do I have a problem here.

Thanks...

merk

Post by merk »

smarthosting is basically when you want your mail server to forward email to another domain. I used it to keep a backup mail server.

I have serverA and serverB and domainA and domainB

both domains are hosted on serverA. However, i also have both domains on serverB but they are smart hosted and in the smarthost box i have serverA entered. When serverB gets email for any of those domains it sends the email to serverA to handle.

So if you want email for a domain (or server) to get passed along to another server, then use smarthosting. Otherwise turn it off.

Grumpydoug

Smart Host

Post by Grumpydoug »

Thanks... I know what Smart hosting is, but I have domains showing up ie... " Domain to [hotmail.com] will be smart hosted by connector to [smtp.shaw.com] " ... I have shaw.com set up as a smart host for out going mail, my question is are other people are using my system to bounce mail off of me. Or is this just mail being sent to some one on hotmail.com through shaw.com(my smarthost).

MDColson

Post by MDColson »

It's the latter. If you have smarthosting of your mail to go through your isp's mail server (shaw). Then this message represents an email going TO hotmail being SMARTHOSTED through shaw.

MDColson

Grumpydoug

Smart Host

Post by Grumpydoug »

Thanks... That's what I was hoping it was...

Thanks Again...