Intermittant Failure Sending Mail

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
Simon

Intermittant Failure Sending Mail

Post by Simon »

I am using MailEnable Pro and emails are intermittantly failing to be sent.
When I try and send an email it fails and I receive an email such as the following.

MailEnable: Message Delivery Failure.

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

[SMTP:email@address.co.uk]: 354 Start mail input; end with <CRLF>.<CRLF>

I think the problem is actually down to my datacenter as they say they are 'upgrading the network' .

My question though, is : Why are the emails failing like this? Shouldn't they be requeued sent again after a set amount of time?

Any Thoughts Appreciated.

The logs say error 10054 (And on one occassion 10060)
I don't have th dodgy network card mentioned in other posts.
My reversedns is fine.

Thanks

Simon

creek-walker

Same kind of error

Post by creek-walker »

Let me know if you get and answer because we are having the same strange error/communication to just one other host. My Lotus Notes server can send and receive just fine to them, but my ME Pro server can't handle them.
Thanks,
Brian
bferrenz@creek-walker.com

Cyberprog

Post by Cyberprog »

Yeah, i'm getting the same errors intermittently...
British Airways billboard ad: Breakfast in London, lunch in New York.
Spraycan addition: Luggage in Bermuda.

Merit

Post by Merit »

Seems to be similar to my problem!

http://forum.mailenable.com/viewtopic.php?t=4198

Merit

Post by Merit »

I seem to be seeing this one a fair bit when sending to a hotmail box that is full....

treamer

Any Fix For this

Post by treamer »

It's been a good month since that last post. Did anyone find a fix for this issue? Help please!!

Merit

Post by Merit »

Nope, I haven't seen any replies from MailEnable staff in a while, I think they're pretty consumed with getting the Enterprise version ready for launch.

I've pretty much pinned this one to be happenning when a users mailbox is full and the message is being returned... doesn't happen all the time though.

FastPayITGuy

SmartHosting and SMTP Relay Errors

Post by FastPayITGuy »

Ah this is the same problem that I have been seeing the past few days. I SmartHost my mail through my ISP which up into yesterday was working just fine. It seems that mail will just stop being sent out to external domains and then PRESTO! it works again by itself. I get the same errors in my SMTP debug log. I submitted a trouble ticket on this so hopefully someone at MailEnable will give a crap that we are all having this problem.

:twisted:

Merit

Post by Merit »

Hey man, I'm with you 100% on this one. Although, I'm very close to laying the blame squarely on Hotmail. Sometimes everything is flawless and messages get cranked through quickly and error free.

Then somedays.... socket errors galore. I'm not getting many of the CRLF of late, but on occasion a lot of delays in getting to Hotmail.

I've been testing using the SMTP servers of otehr ISP's and they don't have a whole lot of success sending at times either.

I sent another request through to MailEnable support RE:mailbox limits and they got back REALLY fast, if you get a response could you please post it here?

Much appreciated! :D

Merit

Post by Merit »

Please see my post above as well but I think this screenshot just about sums up the other issue I have at times... namely SOCKET CONNECTION errors.

Good times....

http://www.meritsolutions.ca/images/errors.jpg

gaucho

STAFF.... paging MailEnable Staff...

Post by gaucho »

Same problem here sending to Hotmail.

Is the staff around to answer? Staff, hello????

Merit

Post by Merit »

which problem are you having in particular, the CRLF bounceback or socket connection problems?

gaucho

Post by gaucho »

The CRLF deal.

Cyberprog

Post by Cyberprog »

It seems definately to be due to hotmail mailboxes being too full, had it occuring last night when sending someone a large attachment, while a small email went thru fine.
British Airways billboard ad: Breakfast in London, lunch in New York.
Spraycan addition: Luggage in Bermuda.

Merit

Post by Merit »

No MailEnable staff seem to be commenting :?