Upgrading and the Beta

Pete LaForge

Upgrading and the Beta

Postby Pete LaForge » Fri Sep 06, 2002 6:24 pm

3 Parts

1 How long does the professional version work before a time out
is it a full time out or does it revert to the standard version?

2 What is the projected time scale for the current Professional beta to become a full working release?

3 If We where to purchase the professional version before the release of the beta into a full working version. Would there be an upgrade fee, and if so how much would one expect to pay for the upgrade?

MailEnable
Site Admin

Postby MailEnable » Fri Sep 06, 2002 10:19 pm

1 How long does the professional version work before a time out
is it a full time out or does it revert to the standard version?

Our position on licensing is a little wordy. None-the-less, apon expiration, the only change you should experience is that attachments will not be able to be accessed via webmail. More info is available in this thread - http://forum.mailenable.com/viewtopic.p ... ghlight=90

2 What is the projected time scale for the current Professional beta to become a full working release?

Version 1.6 is scheduled for release on the 12th of September (2002).

If We where to purchase the professional version before the release of the beta into a full working version. Would there be an upgrade fee, and if so how much would one expect to pay for the upgrade?

There is no upgrade fee from for those who have registered the current release of MailEnable (Version 1.5) to Version 1.6. The same applies with the beta. It is up to you.
Regards, Andrew

Pete LaForge

WOW, & Thanks

Postby Pete LaForge » Sat Sep 07, 2002 5:45 am

I Must Say WOW to your positioning on Licensing; you’ve sold me on the value of your licensing by that alone. I’ve had the product installed for 2 days at this point, and so far I like it. I’ve been an avid I-mail user up to now, thought your interface differs greatly I think Ill get the hang of it soon. And I like the product so far.

As a follow up Question:
The Enterprise Edition will have what features of value? Now that your adding Web Based administrations to the Pro Version, with the other feature’s it has and the Clustering abilities it seems to be a very nice product for us. Also what is the projected price point on the Enterprise Edition?

MailEnable
Site Admin

Postby MailEnable » Sun Sep 08, 2002 6:19 am

Thanks for the compliment.

Re: the licensing thing - we're looking to make the whole thing fair, realistic and reasonable - and will improve where we can. ('nuff said).

Were looking forward to providing Enterprise. It's is going to be a great releif for us as we have built a significant amount of its framework into the architecture and are looking forward to seeing it hit production. In the same breath though, we are obviously committed to making Pro more. I can assure you that we would not release specific features into Pro without an alternative appeal. (.. even though this probably sounds like an infomercial!! ).
Regards, Andrew

Pete LaForge

Ok

Postby Pete LaForge » Mon Sep 09, 2002 8:41 am

Ok
Dave
I appreciate your position. Ill run Pro for 15 days or so and by then maybe I’ll know more about enterprise edition.

In 15 day I’ll assume based on your current licensing schema that you will provide a reasonable upgrade to the enterprise edition.

I appreciate your time in answering my questions.

Please take a quick moment to reply to the post about skins, a few below this one in the root.

Thanks a ton
Peter G LaForge