F-Prot updater not a service?

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
wtl

F-Prot updater not a service?

Post by wtl »

Hi all, I'm a fairly new user of MailEnable Pro. Based on recommendations here on the forum, I decided to purchase F-Prot for AV integration, and it's working well.

However, it appears that the F-Prot updater isn't a service, it runs as an application in the taskbar tray area only?

I don't quite understand this, as it means I'll have to leave all our servers in a logged in state to ensure F-Prot updates itself.

Am I missing something?

wtl

Post by wtl »

Okay, posted a little too soon. I've now figured out that the updater will run from the command line, so presumably can be scheduled with the at command.

In case this helps anyone else, here are the commands to schedule the updater to run every four hours daily and update from the internet:

Code: Select all

at 12:00AM /every:M,T,W,Th,F,S,Su "C:\PROGRA~1\FSI\F-Prot\FP-Updater\Updater.exe /QUIT /INTERNET"
at 4:00AM /every:M,T,W,Th,F,S,Su "C:\PROGRA~1\FSI\F-Prot\FP-Updater\Updater.exe /QUIT /INTERNET"
at 8:00AM /every:M,T,W,Th,F,S,Su "C:\PROGRA~1\FSI\F-Prot\FP-Updater\Updater.exe /QUIT /INTERNET"
at 12:00PM /every:M,T,W,Th,F,S,Su "C:\PROGRA~1\FSI\F-Prot\FP-Updater\Updater.exe /QUIT /INTERNET"
at 4:00PM /every:M,T,W,Th,F,S,Su "C:\PROGRA~1\FSI\F-Prot\FP-Updater\Updater.exe /QUIT /INTERNET"
at 8:00PM /every:M,T,W,Th,F,S,Su "C:\PROGRA~1\FSI\F-Prot\FP-Updater\Updater.exe /QUIT /INTERNET"

jayars

Update script?

Post by jayars »

How do you get the update script to run. Where do you add those commands. Do you have name a file or just add those commands under the MTA Agent.

json

Post by json »

Try Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Scheduled Tasks

Works like a charm.!

regards,
Steen

atinoco

Post by atinoco »

Ty for this info, it came in very handy
-Andres Tinoco
PuntoWEB de Venezuela C.A.