SMTP Service Crash

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
mberlin

SMTP Service Crash

Post by mberlin »

I am continually having problems with the SMTP Service crashing. I have looked in the Debug logs and am finding that I am getting this error: "Not enough memory to send message now. Try reducing send threads. Retrying. Error: 12."
I currently have 12Gbs of ram in this server. How much do I need to have in the server to keep from having this error or what settings do I need to change to fix this problem.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: SMTP Service Crash

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Firstly what version of MailEnable Professional are you running? Next how many send threads have you set for SMTP outbound? You can find this setting under the SMTP properties within the "outbound" tab.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

mberlin

Post by mberlin »

Version 9.0
Send threads is set to 350.
I have also now installed 32gbs of ram in the server and still having the problem.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Ok try and upgrade to version 9.01 which is a release candidate to ensure you have all the latest fixes to see if this addresses the problem. If it doesn't then please lodge a support ticket under "defect" and provide RDP login details to the server so that technician can diagnose the problem in more detail.

http://www.mailenable.com/beta/professional901.exe
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

mberlin

Post by mberlin »

I have installed the 9.0.1 build and I am still having this problem.
"Not enough memory to send message now. Try reducing send threads. Retrying. Error: 12."
I also have reduced the send threads to 100 now. I need something to work. Does going to Enterprise allow for more simultaneous connections? Is the only 64bit I have increased my ram to 32gbs but I have been watching the memory usage when a large blast of emails come in over 2000 and the ram usage on the entire computer never goes over 4gbs? So It does not look like increasing the ram on the computer is doing anything to help.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Please lodge a support ticket via the following form as Defect and provide RDP access to the server for further investigation: https://www.mailenable.com/support/step1.asp
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support