Duplicate Email

cmay1993

Duplicate Email

Postby cmay1993 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:20 pm

We are running MailEnable Pro version 9.05 and we are having issues with nearly all mailboxes receiving duplicate emails. I have turned off the spam settings as found in an older post and we do not have AV installed on the server. At this point I'm at a loss as to what I need to do to resolve the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Chad

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Duplicate Email

Postby MailEnable-Ian » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:36 am

Hi,

Are the duplicates randomly received? Or does every message get duplicated? How are the clients retrieving mail to their email clients? If you login to a problematic mailbox via web mail do you see duplicates?
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

Siteworks

Postby Siteworks » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:16 pm

Hi

We're also on 9.05 enterprise edition and have a few client report periodic duplicate messages. One runs Outlook with POP3 and delete mails from server after receiving. With another it's pop3 with download and save on server for 14 days before deleting. And yet another we've tried moving from IMAP, to MAPI and finaly to POP3 with delete messages from server after receiving. It's not with every send/redeive but for this latter client multiple times on a daily basis. On a side note, I noticed that in the IMAP setup, the client got som syncronization errors due to a full stop (.) at the end of a folder name which stopped the synchronization.

When the duplicates were received it seemed to be a mix of mails already in the inbox, deleted or moved mails.

Now I myself am experiencing duplicate mails. My setup is Outlook 2010 and 2013 on seperate machines with the same POP3 account setup.

I need a hint in my bug hunting in regards to what to look for in the log-files when this happes, so we can track down if it's a ME, MS or maybe MX-Uptime issue...

Best regards
Jesper

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Postby MailEnable-Ian » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:13 am

Hi,

When downloading via a POP3 email client with the option to "Delete message from the server", you need to ensure the DELE command the client issues to the server is successful upon exiting the client. The POP3 log files will report any problems here. If there are issues when the DELE command is issued and the messages are not deleted on the server, then this would explain why the POP3 client is downloading the messages again and the duplicates appear. Usually proxies that reside between the client and server can cause these types of problems along with client side AV programs that provide filtering for the incoming/outgoing email ports.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support