Email Quota Limits

Email Quota Limits

Postby Gfw » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:06 am

I am running version 9.11. There appears to be a 1,000 message per hour quota which I need to increase. I found the following...

451 Requested action aborted: This mail account has sent too many messages in a short amount of time. Please try later.
Error Description: Means that the SMTP configuration setting to limit the quantity of messages sent per hour has been reached. The message sent in this instance has failed and will need to be retried by the client.

Error Resolution: This feature is disabled by default. You can review this and increase the configured amount of messages per hour or accept the error as correctly limiting a sender or domain.
In the MailEnable Professional or Enterprise manual the settings can be found at:

Post Office Restriction - Administration->Post Office configuration->Restrictions->Limit Maximum SMTP recipients

Mailbox Restriction - Administration->Post Office actions->Create Mailbox->Restrictions->Limit SMTP usage to a maximum of

I can't seem to find the Administration link. What am I missing? :?:

Site Admin

Re: Email Quota Limits

Postby MailEnable-Ian » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:54 pm

"Administration" is referring to the MailEnable administration console. You need to navigate within the console to: Messaging Manager > Post Offices > (postoffice name). Right click on the postoffice and select properties. Next navigate to the "Restrictions" tab.

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support