Need for a per domain SmartHost configuration

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
apitsos

Need for a per domain SmartHost configuration

Post by apitsos » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:51 pm

I would like to use SpamExperts (spamexperts.com) for some of the domains hosted on our MailEnable Server. In order to do that I have to follow the instructions given by spamexterts. Their instructions are here: https://my.spamexperts.com/kb/40/MTA-ex ... thost.html

If you see on this knowledge base article, they suggest to configure "Smart Host", which is here: Servers > localhost > Services and Connectors > SMTP > (right click) Properties > Smart Host

As far as I understand, this is a global configuration. That means that all the outgoing emails will be sent through SpamExperts. But I need to configure specific domains hosted on this server to have this SmartHost configuration.

Is there a way to do that, please?
Attachments
MailEnable-SmartHost-configuration-002_2016-07-02.jpg
MailEnable-SmartHost-configuration-002_2016-07-02.jpg (250.4 KiB) Viewed 5466 times
Anything can be achieved!

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Need for a per domain SmartHost configuration

Post by MailEnable-Ian » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:42 am

Hi,

This can be achieved by upgrading to Enterprise version and using the postoffice IP bindings option. Once you have bound an IP to a postoffice you can then configure the binding to smart host outbound messages for the domain via an an external SMTP service.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

apitsos

Re: Need for a per domain SmartHost configuration

Post by apitsos » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:45 am

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the clarification!

kind regards,
Angelos Pitsos
Anything can be achieved!