delay to indexing email and to send outgoing - ME 9.18

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
marcoc

delay to indexing email and to send outgoing - ME 9.18

Post by marcoc »

Hi,
We have a server with ME 9.18. I state that before, with 9.16, our server worked correctly.
Later to installation we had two problem.
1) The mail that send to our domains have delay until 5/6 hours before to delivery at correct recipient.
2) If our client send an email in external recipient at our server, the email have a delay until 4/5 hours before to delivery.
If we restart the indexing and STMP services, the email sent immediately.
Can you help us?

Thanks a lot.
Sincerely
Marco

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: delay to indexing email and to send outgoing - ME 9.18

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Restarting the indexing has no affiliation with sending/receiving mail. Its only responsible for indexing a mailbox for searching purposes via the web mail client. It sounds like the server is under heavy load and thus is causing the processing of the SMTP queues to be slow. The reason I say this is because stopping the indexing maybe freeing up server resources and restarting SMTP the queues resets the retry intervals for messages in the queues and are processed again. Try and leave the indexing service stopped for day or two since will not have any impact on sending/receiving to see if this resolves the delays. If it does then your server is perhaps not coping with the heavy load on I/O and maybe its more ideal to run the indexing service when the server is not under heavy traffic (schedule to start it at night times).
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

marcoc

Re: delay to indexing email and to send outgoing - ME 9.18

Post by marcoc »

Ciao,
Thanks a lot for response.
We will check this solution immediately and we will inform the status.

Sincerely
Marco C.