Upgrading ME and server

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
WCFaris

Upgrading ME and server

Post by WCFaris »

Currently running ME Pro v6 on an older Server 2003 system and in the process of moving to heavier iron running dual Xeon, double memory, RAID, etc. Looks like the 60 day trial will allow plenty of time to migrate mailboxes, settings, etc. over to the new box so thanks for that. Will I be seeing any issues when I upgrade the v6 license to the latest v9 license? I would like to have v9 running on the new box and then upgrade to the new license but will not if it poses an issue.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Upgrading ME and server

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

No in terms of licensing it will be fine. Just install MailEnable version 9 on the new server in evaluation mode. Perform the migration and once complete then login to your online services account and upgrade the version 6 license key to a version 9 license key using the "upgrade" button next to the assigned version 6 key. Once you have upgraded use the details button next to the new assigned version 9 key and update the server details in respect to the new servers CPU count and server name. Finally use the MailEnable registration wizard on the new server and register the product by selecting the option to enter the key manually and paste in the new license key.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support