IMAP multiple connections for single users

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
wireme

IMAP multiple connections for single users

Post by wireme »

I have two users that consistently rackup mulitiple IMAP connections. ME version 9.53. I have had this issue for some time prior to this version. It's getting to the point of utilizing too many resources and causing logon logoff issues on the user end in Outlook. I've attached an image of the issue.

In the IMAP debug log, I am seeing continuous listing of the below error:

ME-EXXXX: Warning: Failed to access activity file (C:\Program Files (x86)\Mail Enable\POSTOFFICES\
Attachments
IMAP.JPG
IMAP.JPG (25.07 KiB) Viewed 7302 times

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: IMAP multiple connections for single users

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Upgrade the MailEnable server to 9.63 to see if it continues as there are IMAP fixes you need to apply.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

hostking

Post by hostking »

everytime I read forum posts I always see you guys state upgrade to latest version.

Surely that cant be the only response. Is there nothing else that can be checked or adjusted?

I have a similar issue.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,
everytime I read forum posts I always see you guys state upgrade to latest version.

Surely that cant be the only response. Is there nothing else that can be checked or adjusted?

I have a similar issue.
Are you running the latest version 9.62? "wireme" was running 9.53, there has been many fixes to IMAP since that version hence the reason to upgrade first. There is also another release out in the upcoming days which further improves IMAP performance and the way connections are handled. Therefore you might want to wait until this is released.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support