Remote server returned an error -> 550 A user policy is preventing you from sending e-mail to this address.

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
jmtech

Remote server returned an error -> 550 A user policy is preventing you from sending e-mail to this address.

Post by jmtech »

Hi there,

I have the followng scenario. User1 uses Office 365 and is trying to send an email to the mailbox of one of our users - User2. User 1 is receiving the following error.

550 5.0.350 Remote server returned an error -> 550 A user policy is preventing you from sending e-mail to this address.

Which is pretty self explanatory - User 1's email is being rejected by MailEnable because of a Spam/Blacklist policy. MailEnables doco indicates that it's a User specified blacklist avaialble from within Webmail. However, I have checked User 2's webmail and nothing is blacklisted.

I have checked User 1's domain and they're not on any known blacklists.
How do I find out how this email is getting blocked?

I'm pretty sure if I add User 1's email to User2's whitelist it will work, but I need to find the root cause of the issue as this email is legitimate and I don't want more legitimate emails being blocked.

Cheers,
Jason

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Remote server returned an error -> 550 A user policy is preventing you from sending e-mail to this address.

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

On the server side is there any files present in:

Mail Enable\Config\Postoffices\{postoffice name}\MAILBOXES\{mailbox name}\Senders\BlackList
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

jmtech

Re: Remote server returned an error -> 550 A user policy is preventing you from sending e-mail to this address.

Post by jmtech »

I have just checked and no, it's an empty folder.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

HI,

What version of MailEnable Professional do you have installed?
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support