ClamWin AntiVirus memory usage is high

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
bellaonline

ClamWin AntiVirus memory usage is high

Post by bellaonline »

I've been running an older version of MailEnable Professional and have had problems with ClamWin taking over all my memory. I finally bit the bullet and upgraded my MailEnable version to the latest one. So I am now wholly up to date.

Unfortunately now ClamWin is taking over even MORE of my memory. It's nearly using as much as MySQL, and that's saying something, because I run 25 websites on this server which are all fairly MySQL intensive.

And it's not like I'm getting volumes of mail through. Just one or two every ten minutes or so.

What in the world is ClamWin doing? And how to I get it to stop doing it? :)

Lisa

bellaonline

Re: ClamWin AntiVirus memory usage is high

Post by bellaonline »

I ended up just shutting down ClamWin.

I do of course want AntiVirus software running.

What are other people using?

Brett Rowbotham

Post by Brett Rowbotham »

I use ClamWin, but not the one supplied by ME, I download mine from http://oss.netfarm.it/clamav/ and installed the service version.

Right now I have two ClamWin background processes running, one of 2.8MB and the other with 582.5MB.

Cheers,
Brett

bellaonline

Post by bellaonline »

OK, thanks, I'll take a look into that - maybe that will run more cleanly on my server.

bellaonline

Post by bellaonline »

Could you please message me? I'm not figuring out how to attach MailEnable to the service I downloaded. Or if anybody else had advice I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Lisa

leo321

Post by leo321 »

ClamWin Antivirus is a heavyweight antivirus and I don't like the work rate. Alternatively, I use Kaspersky.