Indexed webmail search not available

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
bm707

Indexed webmail search not available

Post by bm707 »

I just installed Professional trial 10.16 as an upgrade to 10.16 Standard. There are a number of issues I'm still sorting through, but one is the lack of indexed webmail search. That is the primary reason why I'm trying professional, but that option does not seem to exist. In the webmail clients, there is no search button on the toolbar, and normal search is still unusably slow. In the admin console, I can't find any options for indexing. How do I enable the indexed search function?

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Indexed webmail search not available

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Navigate within the administration console to: Servers > Localhost > Services and connectors > Search Indexing > Logs > Activity. Check that the service is running and is indexing mailboxes. Since you have just upgraded it might take some time to index all the mailboxes. The search icon in the top toolbar within web mail will not display until the mailbox has been indexed.

https://www.mailenable.com/documentatio ... tings.html
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

bm707

Post by bm707 »

Thanks for your reply, Ian. There is no option for search indexing under Services and Connectors or any other place I can see. I reinstalled twice and it still does not appear. How can I fix this?

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Make sure your using the new console. Navigate within the MailEnable administration path to: Mail Enable\Admin. Locate the file MailEnableAdmin.msc and double click to open the new console. Do you see the Search Indexing node there?
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

bm707

Post by bm707 »

Thanks, Ian. I manually launched the console from C:\Program Files (x86)\Mail Enable\Admin\MailEnableAdmin.msc, and I still cannot find the indexing option. What am I doing wrong?
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (109.26 KiB) Viewed 18009 times

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

I installed 10.16 on a test image and the search indexing node is in fact not present. I have raised an issue for this and will report back when I have more information at hand or a link to a fix.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

dmatesic

Post by dmatesic »

Hi, i also have the professional version (from the begging) and can't find the indexing services. Please let us know what's the conclusion. Thnx!
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (29.42 KiB) Viewed 17864 times

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

It will be resolved in the 10.16 release. Don't have a specific release date at this stage sorry.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support