Policies Tab removed from mailenable 10.20

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
gene_acres

Policies Tab removed from mailenable 10.20

Post by gene_acres »

Happy New Year Forum

I was trouble shooting an issue where my mail server 10.20 was getting many 451 Policy Violation errors in the log files. I finally realized I had the Enable Abuse Detection and Prevention box checked. The problem with doing that is we have a spam filter native to the email server. So all email coming into Mail Enable looks as though it is coming from the same IP Address. So during heavy use of the mail server it stops receiving email completely. It blocks it all for 1 hour. I unchecked that box and now I no longer have the policy tab under Local Host Properties. How do I get the Policy tab back there?

Gene Lucas

Admin
Site Admin

Re: Policies Tab removed from mailenable 10.20

Post by Admin »

Hi,

Did the page disappear immediately when you unselected it? Or did you close/reopen the administration program? Is it still missing when you reopen the admin program? When the page is shown depends on the licensing, it is checking for either the Enterprise version or version 8 or later of Professional. Are any other the other tabs missing (there is General, Policies, Auth Policies, Facebook, Autodiscovery, Web Services, Auditing and SSL)?

gene_acres

Re: Policies Tab removed from mailenable 10.20

Post by gene_acres »

I did this at home and the next day at the office I brought it up to show another administrator what I had had done. That's when I noticed it was missing. All the other tabs are still there.

Gene