panda antivirus and the commandline

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
wembley2000

panda antivirus and the commandline

Post by wembley2000 » Tue Apr 27, 2004 6:47 pm

Hi

I have just purchase Panda commandline and desire to test it using the MTA test AV button. However even though prior to purchasing pandacl I had installed the complete panda admin secure and unformtunately installed the panda client. I have now unstalled both adminsecure and panda clinet but have aproblem. ME reports that I am still being protected i.e. realtime protection. As far as I know i'm not.

Anyone got any ideas about this on how to solve it?

Best regards

MrByte

Post by MrByte » Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:55 pm

Did you uninstall the AdminSecure? If no, when you start it does it mention in the options if the Realtime is enabled?

What happens when you do the Test in the MTA?
Check in your C:\ drive, in the root directoty for a Panda.rpt file. in there you should see the eicar test file submissions for testing.
.MrByte

wembley2000

Post by wembley2000 » Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:12 pm

Hi

Yes I have uninstalled adminsecure. There is no log file on the C drive. I was told by Panda that adminsecure is not standard for commandline only; I only trialed the full version.
When I perform a test; first the dos window appears and then disappears, after which a warning windows comes up with the AV1002 real time protect is enabled...

It says this is for the queue and scratch directories; however there is no real time protection currently enabled. I have also uninstalled clientshield.

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:46 pm

OK. Did a quick test on my server where I have ONLY PandaCl installed.
When executing the TEST in the MTA properties screen, I do get the exact same message.
Now, I know for a fact that the AV works flawlessy on my system. My guess it has something to do with the way PandaCL "interacts" with the MTA in the test.
On my C drive I checked the panda.rpt file and it indeed showed the Eicar test virus succesfully identified. I'm not sure if the test is trying to to write to the same directory the same file twice, hence the message.

So.... i would say you are safe, except: why don't you have the .rpt file? Maybe not set all the parameters (switches) for panda?

wembley2000

Post by wembley2000 » Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:59 pm

Thanks for the info

You were talking about switches, what would you say the optimum switches for PandaCL would be, I thought the default would be OK...the ones ME have set without changing anything.

Is this right or could you give me an example of what your using on your system? Do you have adminsecure installed? If so why because I have been told by Panda that the .sig file has to be copied manually once the adminsecure updates, therefore pointless is suppose. The .sig file I have been told has to be copied to the same directory where you have copied the PandaCL files.

wembley2000

Post by wembley2000 » Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:56 am

I've sorted the log issue, and everything seems to be working fine when scanning emails in/out.

Well that was simple to solve, just reading /? switch comments when I ran pavcl.com.

I still wonder about adminsecure though?

Best regards

MrByte

Post by MrByte » Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:32 am

Adminsecure is not needed for the signature updates.
As always, the ME community has come up with solutions for this :- D
Let me get to the office and I'll look for the post that contains the solution and/or I'll post mine. Just give me a couple hours.
.MrByte

wembley2000

Post by wembley2000 » Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:35 am

Thanks you for all you help

MrByte

Post by MrByte » Wed Apr 28, 2004 2:09 pm

OK. Found it.
Read trough this thread http://forum.mailenable.com/viewtopic.php?t=3180

Read trough the thread. There are 2 alternatives on how to aumtomate this.

The only other thing you will need is the Username and password to access Panda's site, which you probably have anyway.

Regards,
.MrByte