551 Sender address is not valid for your login. Check your email program settings

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
Carabinas

551 Sender address is not valid for your login. Check your email program settings

Post by Carabinas »

Hello.

I am using MailEnable Professional.

I have an error when our costumers send email to more than one user and in the destination it's added an unexistent email, none of the emails is delivered and costumer receive 551 Sender address is not valid for your login. Check your email program settings for valid address, and #5.1.1 SMTP; 550 Address unknown to the unexistent email.

Shouldn't mailenable allow the valid address and discard the non available one?

Can you help?

regards,

Pedro

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: 551 Sender address is not valid for your login. Check your email program settings

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

The error that the sender address is receiving "551 Sender address is not valid for your login" means that they are not able to send any message because they are using an email address that is not associated with the username mailbox they are authenticating as. The client needs to ensure that the "From" address (email address) they have set in the account settings is valid for that mailbox.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

Carabinas

Re: 551 Sender address is not valid for your login. Check your email program settings

Post by Carabinas »

Hello.

We are sure that the sending address is correct and autorized.

This only happens when the sender sent email to an unexistent email in our organization. All other email address from our organization in that email should receive but it dont. The error that the sender receives is one error for unexistent email, and other errors with 551 for the valid address.

bpaluch

Post by bpaluch »

Hi,
I receive this error already when setting up my emails in Outlook.
The "test settings" puts a check by incoming mail, but fails on outgoing with this message, 551.
What does that mean?
I can't even get past setup!

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Ensure you have selected the option in the email client for "My server requires authentication" under the outgoing configuration settings in the email client.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support