When I enable "Enable Detection and Prevention" Mailenable blocks my firewalls LAN IP

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
robertaser

When I enable "Enable Detection and Prevention" Mailenable blocks my firewalls LAN IP

Post by robertaser »

Hello,

I have an issue with my physical firewalls LAN IP such as 10.0.0.1 (also the mailenable server's gateway IP). When I enable "Enable Detection and Prevention" Mailenable blocks my firewall's LAN IP for sometime when hackers try username and password or they act like they are coming from 10.0.0.1

When I block this gateway/FIrewall IP, in SMTP Inbound Access Control then mailenable blocks all emails.

Can someone help? or experienced it.

Thank you.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: When I enable "Enable Detection and Prevention" Mailenable blocks my firewalls LAN IP

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

If you are routing via a proxy to the mail server then you need to filter out the abuse at the firewall level before its routed to the mail server via the proxy, otherwise the "Abuse detection prevention" option may ban the proxies IP address if it detects inbound abuse.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

robertaser

Re: When I enable "Enable Detection and Prevention" Mailenable blocks my firewalls LAN IP

Post by robertaser »

Is there anyway to exclude my firewalls IP?

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

You can add the IP address to the SMTP whitelist which will bypass the abuse detection and prevention option.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support