Bad Mail message source does not contain headers.

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
R4LRetro

Bad Mail message source does not contain headers.

Post by R4LRetro »

Hello, I'm trying to figure out why legit messages are being copied to Bad Mail using this guide here: https://www.mailenable.com/kb/content/article.asp?ID=ME020169

It says to check the message source for X-ME-BADMAIL, but searching messages for this keyword returns no results. How do I figure out why messages are in Bad Mail? MTA activity and debug logs do not show a reason. Tracing the message also does not show anything related to Bad Mail, just that the mail itself was successfully delivered.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Bad Mail message source does not contain headers.

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

You would need to trace through each service log file for the message ID that is the bad mail folder. Are the messages being sent to remote recipients or being delivered locally? To provide assistance we would need to gain access to the relevant log files and message examples.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

R4LRetro

Post by R4LRetro »

Hi Ian.

Messages are being sent from external sources and being delivered locally. See attached for the debug logs for Post Office, MTA and SMTP, as well as the "bad email" in question. You can see the message was delivered successfully to all 3 recipients, but still ended up in Bad Mail, and there are no headers to show why.
Attachments
Email Debug.zip
(6.95 KiB) Downloaded 734 times

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

We are going to need the full set of log files and the exact message ID of the message in the bad mail folder. You have renamed it and provided only log snippets. Need the full logs. Best way forward would be to lodge a support ticket so you can then provide all the relevant data that way or access to the server.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support