Migration from Icewarp very slow or not working

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
brubble

Migration from Icewarp very slow or not working

Post by brubble »

Just downloaded / Installed Mailenable Pro on server running icewarp 11.0.1.2 (per instructions , killed all icewarp services / installed IIS etc...)

Install went ok so far as I can tell. Ran the migration center, selected "IceWarp" and the option to migrate all domains "from an IceWarp installation on this machine" told it the path etc..

So it found all 4 domains and 211 mail accounts , it shows

Scope : <Server Scope>
Enabled: Yes
Strategy: Direct from IceWarp Message Store
Source: IceWarp
Progress: 0/211

It has been on 0/211 for two hours now. The monitor tab shows all the user mailbox's and status "Queued" and nothing under progress for any of them.

Going to give it another half our or so and if it doesn't show any progress I'll revert back to Icewarp. Do I need to give it more time ?

BTW I tried logging into one of the accounts but it just says the user doesn't exist or the account is disabled.

Do I need to wait longer next try or should this be progressing faster ?

Thanks

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Migration from Icewarp very slow or not working

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Try and restart the "MailEnable migration service" under the "Service Status" list in the admin console to see if they start migrating data. As for mailboxes not being to authenticate have you inspected the admin console to see if the mailboxes are listed? Check the "AUTH.tab" (open in windows notepad) to see if there the file is populated with the auth details of the mailboxes. I have also answered your support email.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

lcraig

Post by lcraig »

Hello, I am wondering if there was a resolution to this topic. I am about to undergo a very similar migration from icewarp.

lcraig

Post by lcraig »

Hello, was there any resolution to this problem?

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Do you get the same issues where mailboxes are sitting on 0% progress.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

lcraig

Post by lcraig »

On my server migration I had 11 Accounts migrate in minutes but two accounts are sitting at 0% for a couple of hours. I see in the directory structure that files and folders have moved, but the migration process has not moved for those two accounts. I am hoping these will finish so I can fire up the MailEnable and permanently shut down the Icewarp.

With the migration, is there anything that I need to configure, or will everything move over?