MailBox Delivery event not starting executable

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
rookie

MailBox Delivery event not starting executable

Post by rookie »

Hello,

I'm trying to use the delivery event on a mailbox. After setting up everything worked just fine, for a while, however not it seams that the associated executable isn't running when called.

From ME log/debug files I can see that the delivery event is fired and the path the the .exe is correct, but the .exe isn't really running from what I can tell. The .exe is a .NET console app, and it's running fine when it is started manually.

The path to the .exe includes spaces, could that be problematic ?

TIA

Brett Rowbotham

Re: MailBox Delivery event not starting executable

Post by Brett Rowbotham »

You should always surround the path with quotes if it contains spaces.

rookie

Re: MailBox Delivery event not starting executable

Post by rookie »

Hello Brett!

Thank You for pointing out how to handle paths. It turns out the root cause was a combination of path/privileges. The executable defined in the delivery event was writing to a log file and it's path was not defined (only file name), hence the file was created in context of ME executable, not the context of the exe. Trying to create log file in this location is not allowed. With a qualified log file to a writable location the delivery event worked just fine.

This also explains why running the .exe manually worked, as the log file then was created in context of the .exe, not ME.

Thanks once again !