Plesk to plesk migration blocking IP

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
webstream

Plesk to plesk migration blocking IP

Post by webstream »

Hello!
I am trying to migrate my server with plesk to plesk migration with ME Pro installed at both end.
however after plesk migrates my data and creates mailboxes and when copying email messages
to the new server the old server blocks the new server IP and new server plesk returns

Exit code: 0
Stderr: Failed to register restored messages for mailbox accounts@z****.com. Possible impact: messages could be unavailable via IMAP, or IMAP flags could not be restored. Reason: Cannot connect to mail server localhost:143

How do i white list the new mail server IP in old Mailenable Mail server ?

Thank you,

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Plesk to plesk migration blocking IP

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Are you able to telnet to port 143 IMAP from the new server to the old server via a Windows command prompt on the new server?
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

webstream

Post by webstream »

thank you for your reply,

Yes, telnet works fine as well, the email partially do get migrated for e.g if i have 50 emails the migration happens upto 20-30-50% but after that it
stops and throws the above message,

thanks

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

What version of MailEnable are you running? We would need to see the IMAP log files at the time you see the error in the Plesk migration utility to see if this is an IMAP problem. Best way forward to provide the log files would be to lodge a support ticket via our support form below.

https://www.mailenable.com/support/step1.asp
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support