Webmail down

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.

Webmail down

Post by Guest » Fri May 21, 2004 10:14 am

Hello,

the webmail seem to be locked, it dont give any error, i have try to restart the service from the server but it is the same, only the server reboot fix it but after a while it lock again, what can i do?

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:00 am

Hi, We are looking into this issue further, at present I can suggest that rather then rebooting server you could open the Task Manager and end the process of the dllhost.dll that is running with user IME_ADMIN. To find this it is required that you add the username column to the processes window.

To help us better understand the issue could you please zip up your configuration files at the follwoing location and send them through to us.

Program Files\Mail Enable\Config

Send to response@mailenable.com

Cheers,
Ben.

tad_braun

I just found this same thing happening...

Post by tad_braun » Sat Jun 05, 2004 8:28 am

Hello,

I was getting an error message in my IE 6.0 browser that said "too many users connected". I noticed the dllhost.exe task on the email server in Task Manager was taking more than 60% of the system resources, although no one but me was connected. I stopped and started the IIS services to no avail. I stopped and started the ME Pro services to no avail. I restarted the system, and webmail is going again.

Is this happening to more and more people? I just downloaded v1.18 and installed it last week. Up until then, I was running v1.12 for over 8 months and NEVER had this once.
---Thaddeus

webcon

Same Issue

Post by webcon » Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:23 pm

We also have having a very similiar problem just startted today. dllhost.exe spikes the cpu and eventually the entire machine fails to respond. We cannot stop WWW service or kill dllhost.exe. Ben you mentioned that we should include the username column in task manager. I do not see this as a column otpion on any of the win 2000 servers?

I had seen this issue if a user with a very large mailbox tries to use webmail this happens but usually only for a short time this time it appears that it never ends unless you reboot the server. We also are running the latest version.

Please help.

Blaine Boyland
Web Connectivity

mouther

Please fix this bug

Post by mouther » Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:59 pm

The server goes to 100% cpu usage by the dllhost.exe when the webmail is used, i want to support for 2000 webmail accounts but with this bug that is imposible.

AlertServ

Post by AlertServ » Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:13 am

Any update in this? I have a customer with this problem who is anxious to have it resolved.
Alert Serv | Managed Windows Servers, Incident Support
Including Support for Mail Enable & Helm - http://www.AlertServ.com
------------------------------------------------------
Authorized Helm Reseller

MailEnable-Ben

Post by MailEnable-Ben » Mon Jun 28, 2004 7:11 am

This issue should be fixed in the 1.19 Beta

Cheers, Ben.
Regards,

Product Services
MailEnable Pty Ltd

To keep track of all ME company updates and version releases you should subscribe to the MailEnable list at http://www.mailenable.com or the RSS feed http://www.mailenable.com/rss.